Paid traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation AzerbaijanInternships 19.04.2018
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work in a diplomatic mission and how an EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Azerbaijan?
What do we offer?
A traineeship of a maximum of 6 months within the Political, Economic, Press and Information Sectionand the Operations Section and other sections if required of the EU Delegation to Azerbaijan.
- Organisation and coordination of EU events (round tables, conferences, seminars, exhibitions, fairs, etc.) for different target groups (students, youth, academic community, central and local authorities at central and regional levels) including planning, supervision, communication and reporting;
- Follow up of printed, internet and social media in connection to the general environment of human rights and individual cases;
- Analysis of legislation regarding human rights and civil society;
- General information activity and consultations: daily work with queries from students, government, NGOs, other embassies and generalpublic;
- Support in the development of sector specific studies;
- Support to EU projects on PR matters;
- Assistance in organisation of information campaigns on general and specific EU related subjects;
- Co-ordination and co-operation with information networks (libraries, NGOs);
- Co-ordination of information visits for journalists of the host country to develop their awareness of EC policies and programmes;
- Support in the selection of contents for the EU radio programme (AvropadASAN) and the dedicated website on education and youth (www.sizinavropa.az);
- Carry out other ad-hoc tasks as directed by Head of Delegation or Heads of the different Sections.
Planning and reporting:
- Participation in the implementation of press and information activities and meetings with civil society;
- Assistance in reporting to Headquarters on the political situation and the situation of civil society and Human Rights.
How to apply?
Please send your detailed curriculum vitae and a motivational letter by 01/05/2018 to the following email address: DELEGATION-AZERBAIJAN-JOBS@eeas.europa.eu.
Before applying you are requested to examine the general eligibility criteria
for traineeships (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 - Paid traineeship for young graduates)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. However costs related to travel, insurance, accommodation and visa must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.