- Provide interns with an opportunity to gain practical work experience related to their academic programme or future work in a field related to the UNHCR’s mission;
- Allow interns to contribute to the work of the international organization and to gain experience of working in an international environment.
- Undergraduate or graduate students in the area of Communications, Political Sciences, Public Information, International Relations or a related fields;
- Excellent knowledge of English and Azerbaijani, knowledge of Russian would be an asset;
- Good communication skills;
- Understanding of the national and international media environment;
- Knowledge of UNHCR operations and global humanitarian affairs;
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative and flexibility to effectively benefit from the internship.
Description of tasks:
The Public Information/Communication intern, working under the supervision of the Senior Field Assistant, will undertake the following functions:
- Follow up UNHCR’s request to the authorities and media agencies related to providing support to #WithRefugees campaign;
- Respond to inquiries related to joining the UNHCR’s global #WithRefugees campaign, take initiatives on inviting more people to sign the petition;
- Contribute to the preparation of the World Refugee Day event to be held on 20 June 2018;
- Collect and summarize data on the number of people joined to the #WithRefugees campaign in Azerbaijan;
- Assist in filing documents related to the #WithRefugees campaign, World Refugee Day and other issues related to the PI/Communication;
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
The minimum duration of the internship will be three months and the maximum six months. Interns maintain the same working hours as regular staff (9:00 to 17:00).
Interns are considered gratis personnel and the period of internship will not be remunerated. The UNHCR Internship Agreement regulates the administrative aspects of the internship.
How to Apply
Motivation letter and Curriculum Vitae in English should be sent to email@example.com no later than 27 April 2018. Only if UNHCR wishes to actively pursue your CV, you will be contacted and the date of the interview will be appointed. Once selected, the Internship Agreement will be signed.