Vacancy for European Government Affairs Intern in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 02.08.2018
Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) is one of the success stories of British manufacturing. It is the UK’s largest premium automotive manufacturing business, built around two iconic British car brands: Land Rover, the world’s leading manufacturer of premium all-wheel-drive vehicles, and Jaguar, one of the world’s premier luxury sports saloon and sports car marques.
Internship Role Summary:
Jaguar Land Rover’s European Government Affairs office in Brussels is looking to recruit a recent graduate for an internship. The length of the internship will be 6 months.
This exciting opportunity will allow a recent graduate the chance to immerse themselves in a dynamic, fast changing company and to learn about, and engage with, EU policy.
JLR’s European Government Affairs office in Brussels forms part of a global Corporate and Government Affairs team with colleagues in the UK, the US, Brazil and China.
The internship role will support the Brussels office’s work to engage with the EU and ensure JLR is prepared for future legislation. The Intern will help analyse and respond to regulatory and policy issues and support the office’s political stakeholder engagement in Brussels and liaison with ACEA, the European automotive industry body. The intern will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, supporting the office’s work, as well as performing some administrative duties.
Supporting European regulatory/technical engagement:
- Liaise with JLR technical colleagues on EU policies to position the business on key regulatory issues and support in developing lobbying strategies;
- Cover a broad range of issues and policies, including Environment, Trade, Research and Innovation, Transport Policy, and others to be agreed with the team;
- Ensure the business is kept fully informed through regular and timely briefings and position papers;
- Manage JLR’s tracking of regulatory proposals.
Engaging with EU Officials:
- Support the European Government Affairs team in developing relationships with Politicians, EU Officials, and national governments;
- Develop JLR networks of key contacts.
Working with industry associations and internal teams:
- Support the European Government Affairs team to engage with ACEA, its committees and other automotive companies;
- Support the wider Government Affairs and Corporate Affairs teams where EU issues have impact, for example, with UK or Slovakian Governments or industry bodies, such as the UK’s SMMT.
Supporting JLR involvement in events:
- Represent JLR at events in Brussels;
- Support and assist in the organisation of events, working closely with colleagues.
- Excellent knowledge of European Union politics and the European decision-making processes;
- Possesses good communication, analysis and diplomatic skills;
- Strong organisational and administrative skills;
- Good networker, developing connections which will support JLR’s activities in Brussels;
- Interest in, and understanding of, automotive and manufacturing issues is desirable;
- Degree Qualified;
- Language skills: English speaker. Knowledge of French and/or German an advantage.
This is a paid internship for a maximum duration of 6 months. Applications will close on 12 August 2018.
Applicants must be recent graduates and EU/EEA nationals. The contract will be made under Belgian law as a Convention d'Immersion Professionelle.
Please send your CV and a letter of motivation to:
- Michael Bryan, European Government Affairs Manager
- Jaguar Land Rover, European Government Affairs
- Avenue d’Auderghem 22-28
- B-1040 Brussels
- Email: email@example.com
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.