Vacancy for Communication/Administrative Officer (Intern) in Brussels, Belgium
The Association of European Vehicle Logistics (ECG)
represents the interests of over 100 companies, from family owned SMEs to multi-nationals, and is the major champion of the European vehicle logistics sector. ECG Members provide transport, distribution, storage, preparation and post-production services to manufacturers, importers, car rental companies and vehicle leasing operators in the European Union, Norway, Switzerland, Serbia, the Russian Federation, Ukraine and Turkey and beyond. Today, the companies involved have an aggregate direct turnover of over €23 billion. They employ directly more than 145,000 people and over 400,000 when adding the indirect effects.
We are offering the opportunity to recent graduates or young professionals, with a strong interest in the automotive industry (more specifically its transport & logistics aspects) and an adaptable approach, to get first-hand experience of all aspects of our Association's activities in Brussels.
The nature of the work performed will be dependent on the current ECG work programme and resource needs. Mentoring and support will be provided by the existing ECG team to help the intern integrate with colleagues and working conditions.
TYPICAL TASKS INCLUDE
- Basic office administration including invoice processing, mail handling and dealing with requests from members
- Arrange flights & travel for the ECG team, but not only
- Provide logistical support for ECG meetings, briefings and presentations
- Assist with the organisation of ECG events (some travel abroad may be required)
- Assist with compilation of weekly Newsletter ECG News, updating of the website and other communication tools
- Assist ECG Managers with their workload as appropriate
- University degree or at least two years of relevant work experience
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in English (native equivalent)
- An organised working style with an ability to meet deadlines, with a pro-active attitude and good phone manner
- Robust skills in IT skills, but not limited to MS Office
- Keen eye for detail
- Team player as well as autonomous on a specified issue, able to adapt to a small, multicultural team
- An understanding or keen motivation on the automobile and /or logistics industry
- Knowledge of other European languages (German, Italian or Spanish is a strong asset)
- Experience in graphic design software (Adobe Photoshop/InDesign) and/or Bulk email programs (Mailchimp)
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a full-time internship of 6 months with a possibility to extend to 12 months depending on performance, with real opportunities for personal and professional development. We offer interesting and varied work in a friendly multi-national atmosphere, and our interns are quickly involved in many different activities.
We provide a competitive remuneration package through a “ contract of professional immersion”, amongst the top quartile of equivalent offers in Brussels.
HOW TO APPLY? We would kindly ask you to send your CV together with a covering letter to Ms. Cliona Cunningham at firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘Internship’ by close of business 10th of January. The interviews and the position will be filled as soon as the right person is to be found. The right candidate would start desirably by the beginning of February.
Please do not apply for this position if you are not legally & logistically able to work in Brussels.
Due to high volume of applicants, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.