Call for Applications: Deutsche Welle Journalism Traineeship 2019Internships 13.12.2018
Deutsche Welle (DW) is Germany’s international broadcaster.
The DW traineeship is all about gaining hands-on experience in radio, TV and online with a combination of intensive practical training blocks and newsroom placements both within DW and internationally.
Application Deadline: January 11th, 2019
DW journalism traineeship
• 18 months
• trainee salary
• international broadcaster in 30 languages
• crossmedia: TV, online and radio
• six months of seminar blocks
• internships in Berlin and Bonn
• placement with DW foreign bureau
(Washington, Brussels, Moscow)
• international multimedia projects
• well-known media trainers
- Native speakers of a DW program language with a good knowledge of both English and German, or
English native speakers with a good knowledge of German, or
German native speakers with excellent knowledge of English
- completed university degree, college degree or apprenticeship (we are especially looking for those with a background in technology/IT, science, politics or economics)
- basic journalism experience
- content published or broadcast
- creative mind
- excellent judge of journalism content
- social media experience
- ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both within teams and individually
- strong MS Office skills, basic audio and video production skills, data skills.
The DW Traineeship offers:
- the acquisition of a broad base of journalism skills
- technology training across TV, radio and online
- focused seminars delivered by experienced trainers
- placements with various DW editorial departments in Bonn and Berlin as well as in one of our foreign bureaus in Brussels, Washington or Moscow
- placement with partner broadcasters in Germany, Europe or worldwide
- the chance to produce a larger journalism piece based on your own idea
- a salary paid throughout the traineeship
- the prospect of a DW employment contract upon successful completion of the traineeship.
Applications from women are explicitly welcome. Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification will be given particular consideration.
Before you apply you should read all of the information and guidance about the International Traineeship: