Vacancy for International TAM Intern in LondonInternships 19.02.2018
Role: International TAM Intern
Department: International TAM
Manager: Director, International TAM
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work. This is embedded in our recruitment practices to ensure we hire the best talent and enrich our mix. For this reason, we are not filtering candidates via a CV this year, so please do not upload one with your application. Instead, we require you to complete a task relevant to the role so that we can assess your talent, creativity and passion.
Who you are:
Are you a total music geek? Do you spend most of your time at gigs and love keeping up to date with the hottest new talent on the music scene? Have you dipped your toe into the music industry but are hungry for more?
Are you looking for an opportunity to learn more about what goes on behind the scenes in the music world in order to get the biggest tunes out there to consumers? Do you thrive on working in a fast paced environment and love working within a team to deliver goals. If this sounds like you then this could be the role for you!
Working in the Int'l Talent and Music team, the department intern will assist with a variety of tasks (admin, ticket requests, requesting Artist assets, collating playlist information) as well as providing specific support to team members as directed. Additionally they may act as our on the ground point of contact for Artists, Labels and Managers at potential MTV shoots, interviews and other MTV programming.
The right candidate will have a basic understanding of the music industry, an enthusiastic approach to learning new things, have a calm nature and be a good team player.
What you'll be doing:
- Coordinate requests to labels from within the departments for tickets, CDs and showcase invites
- Request research material (CDs, biographies etc) from the label/s, as directed for interviews and artist led initiatives
- Maintain an up to date database of artist biographies and photos, both stored as data on the network
- Maintain an up to date list of TAM’s Interviews and longform programming
- Actively keep check of delivery dates for International programming with International Operations
- Ensure that network playlists (for all 20+ MTV channels) are collated and emailed out on a weekly basis (Friday) for internal and external use
- Responsible for creating weekly play reports for the label directors and team
- Update & maintain the International album release documents on a weekly basis, actively sourcing release date information from print press and the department
- Update & maintain the International gig request documents on a weekly basis, actively sourcing touring and concert date information from print press and the department
- Coordinate dubbing/tape requests for Record Labels/Management
- Update the TAM external/internal global contacts list. Keep the TAM library of DVD copies updated and labelled
- Attend the digital editorial teams meetings and feedback any TAM related questions
- Work closely with the UK Intern and offer assistance to the UK team when required
- Attend the weekly UK acquisitions meeting and understand the video submission process
- Meet / look after artists and their label and management entourages as and when they come in to our Hawley Crescent studios for network shows, regional shows or a combination. On occasion shoots will take place at hotels or other external locations at differing times
- Ensuring GRF’s and VSF’s are completed and entered into the BA Database
- Collating screengrabs / stills from our digital properties around specific artist initiatives
- Analysis of International Playlists as directed
- Arrange and handle mail outs, collect post and order stationary for International TAM department
- Offer general assistance to the International TAM department as required.
You will be:
- Passionate and well versed in the current music scene, intelligent and able to think on your feet.
- Confident, have good people skills and the ability to prioritise tasks
- Able to work well within a team
- Someone who works well under pressure and can demonstrate this with past work experience.
- A basic understanding of the Music Industry (both in the UK and International)
- Effective and confident written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent, efficient and able to work under pressure.
You will have:
- Excellent organisational skills and a proven ability to multi task.
- The ability to prioritise.
- The ability to use initiative.
- PC Skills:MS Office or equivalent
- Experience of creating/curating/promoting music content on social networks preferred
This advert will close on Wednesday 28th February 2018 at midnight. Please note that we may close adverts early due to high demand. You will find out whether you have been successful by Friday 30th March.