Vacancy for Communications Intern in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 24.01.2018
The European Partnership for Democracy (EPD) is currently seeking a Communications Intern to start on 1 March 2018. Please note that this position is unpaid and based on a voluntary work contract.
EPD is a non-profit organisation supporting democracy and good governance worldwide. The EPD network brings together 13 organisations from around the European Union (EU) that specialise on different sectors of democracy support. The EPD engages in programmes, advocacy and is also a knowledge platform on democracy support for its members.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting in developing and implementing the EPD communications strategy;
- Drafting and sending a weekly Events Update;
- Drafting and sending a weekly newsletter on democratic developments around the world (http://www.epd.eu/beyond-ballots);
- Conducting research on topics related to EPD’s activities, including drafting fact sheets on specific policy areas;
- Daily management of the EPD website (posting articles, updating pages);
- Assisting and ensuring fluent EPD internal communications to facilitate the flow of information among EPD Members;
- Promoting the work of EPD and its partners through all available communications channels;
- Editing and distributing communications material;
- Attending and writing reports/minutes of relevant EU events;
- As with all members of the office, assisting with such administrative tasks as scanning, filing and preparing for events;
- Providing other kinds of assistance as requested.
- Recent graduate or young professional with strong interest and sound knowledge of EU external policies, ideally in the field of democracy support;
- Previous experience in website and blog development is an asset (especially Wordpress);
- An excellent command of English; knowledge of French and Spanish is an asset.
Conditions and benefits:
- 5 to 6 months assignment on a short-term contract signed by EPD and the intern or, if applicable, a student's home University/School/Institute;
- Interns are fully involved in all aspects of our work; they are part of an international team that supports them in acquiring skills to work in an international organisation and hands-on knowledge of how major international actors inter-relate, at EU and global levels;
- Possibility to attend workshops, lectures, training sessions and other events within and outside of EPD;
- Letter of reference at the end of a successful internship;
- Valuable experience for future career opportunity in Programme Management, Communications, and Advocacy jobs within NGOs, nonprofit organisations or any small to midsize organization;
- Please note that this is an unpaid internship and that the intern will need to obtain financing for subsistence and make his/her own arrangements for travel to and from Brussels, and accommodation;
- Lunch reimbursement of up to 160 EUR per month and a monthly public transport ticket are provided (unlimited public transport for Brussels);
- The intern will be based in Brussels during the internship programme.
Interested candidates should send a CV and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for receiving applications is Sunday, 4 February 2018 at 23:59 CET.
Interviews will take place in Brussels (preferred) or via Skype in the second week of February, with a start date on 1 March 2018.
Find all the information on our website: http://epd.eu/vacancies/