Vacancy for DTRO Office Intern in Baku, AzerbaijanInternships 24.01.2018
The U.S. Embassy in Baku is seeking individuals for a DTRO Office Intern position.Multiple selections may be made from this announcement.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This is NOT an offer of Federal Employment; There will be NO benefits; There will be NO COMPENSATION.
Note: All information and statement submitted for an internship vacancy are subject to verification. Any willful misstatement will result in elimination for internship consideration and if the individual is hired, subject to immediate termination irrespective of the length of internship.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
This temporary intern position in the will support the Defense Threat Reduction Agency’s office in the U.S. Embassy in Baku. The Defense Threat Reduction Office (DTRO) engages with the Ministries of Health, Agriculture, and Defense on cooperative biological threat reduction mainly through a series of laboratories and support to scientists within Azerbaijan. Regional and international cooperation at conferences support a global mission to reduce biological threats. This position will support ongoing activities in the DTRO Office, including translating incoming and outgoing documents and correspondence with various governmental and nongovernmental agencies, note taking at intergovernmental meetings, assisting with DTRO events and conferences, filing documents and travel support.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. EDUCATION: Must be a student at any higher education institutions in Azerbaijan and have completed at least two years of study towards a university degree with a major in: American Studies, Public or Business Administration, International Relations, Journalism, English or Library Science, Public Health, or Economics.
2. LANGUAGE: Level III (Good working knowledge) speaking/reading/writing English is required. Level III (Good working knowledge) of reading/speaking/writing in Azerbaijani. Level III (Good Working Knowledge) of reading/speaking/writing in Russian is required.
3. KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: Detail oriented, ability to work quickly, skills in organization written and oral communication; knowledge of office software (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); and professional research and written analysis skills. Ability to take initiative and complete assigned tasks with accuracy and little supervision.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Non-U.S. citizen student in good academic standing at his/her current educational institution.
- Must be a continuing student upon completion of the internship.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- All applicants must have medical insurance.
- After selection, the student must receive security and medical clearance before receiving a formal offer of employment.