Vacancy for Research and Follow-up on European Affairs InternInternships 02.07.2018
The International Juvenile Justice Observatory (IJJO) is a Belgian Foundation of Public Interest based in Brussels. Since 2002, the IJJO has worked for the rights of children and adolescents at risk of social exclusion, especially those in conflict with the law or caught in the cycles of violence and juvenile delinquency.
Objectives of the placement:
- Assistance in the management of European projects (organisation of meetings, follow-up on participants and venue, drafting of agendas and concept-notes).
- Follow-up of the agenda (seminars, courses, conferences, etc.) of the EU Presidency.
- Development of contacts and strategies between the IJJO and the EU Presidency authorities.
- Search for EU partners on justice affairs to establish collaboration and coordination.
- Follow-up of the institutional relations between the IJJO and the UN Economic and Social Council, the Council of Europe, the European Council, the European Commission, the European Parliament and the European Economic and Social Committee, etc.
- Professional training.
- Minimum study level: university degree (applications accepted from undergraduates and graduates).
- Specialisation: International Relations, Political Sciences, Law.
- A very good level of written and spoken English and French. Spanish and/or other languages would be a plus.
- Good IT skills.
- Experience in organising of international events.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Experience and/or knowledge of the work of international organisations/NGOs and of advocacy.
- Good knowledge of European and international institutions.
- From September to December 2018 (Period flexible according to the student's availability).
- No financial remuneration is offered by the IJJO (please check the European ERASMUS and Leonardo Programme opportunities with your university).
Venue: Brussels (Belgium)
Deadline for applications: 15th of July 2018.
If you are interested, please send your CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com