Vacancy for Public Affairs Intern in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 29.07.2018
The European Chemical Regions Network (ECRN) is looking for an enthusiastic candidate for a trainee position in the ECRN Secretariat in Brussels for 6 months, starting at the beginning of September 2018.
ECRN seeks to enhance the competitiveness of European regions’ economy by facilitating cooperation among its members and with other stakeholders, and serving as a platform for exchange of experiences. We represent regional public authorities. We also work together with other chemical stakeholders, the chemical industry, and the EU institutions.
Our network is diverse and international, including regions from Belgium, Czech Republic, Germany, Italy, Poland, the Netherlands and UK. The ECRN Secretariat is a small team based in Brussels that coordinates the activities of the network, organises events and represents the network towards the EU institutions, acts as a contact point for other organisations and partners.
Profile and qualifications:
- University degree in Political science, International relations, EU studies or similar
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, ability to synthesize information and communicate concisely, excellent analytical and drafting skills.
- Familiarity with EU institutions and EU policies, esp. in the field of Bioeconomy, Industrial Policy, Cohesion Policy, Innovation Policy
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications. Affinity for social media tools is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. Additional language skills are an advantage.
- Previous experience with EU/regional institutions or networks (desirable).
- Contribute to the organisation of ECRN events and meetings
- Monitor and analyse news on relevant EU policy developments, national and regional policies and other initiatives that are of interest to the chemical regions.
- Compile content and updates on EU policy developments and regional news for the ECRN’s communications channels (social media, website and newsletter); prepare internal and external publications and assisting in other communication activities.
- Update the ECRN website.
- Manage contact directories and updating databases.
- Participate in conferences, seminars and workshops related to ECRN interests.
- Undertake other administrative tasks and assignments as required.
- full-time position for at least 6 months
- a contract under Belgian law
- Remuneration of 789 EUR and internship plan under the conditions of the ‘‘Convention d’immersion professionnelle’
- Insights into various daily tasks
- Excellent networking opportunities
- A dynamic and international working environment
How to apply
Send your CV (max. two pages) and a motivation letter (max. one page) to Ms. Georgieva at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 August 2018, mentioning “ECRN Internship” in the subject of your e-mail.
Your motivation letter should include replies to the following questions:
- Why do you see this traineeship as the relevant next step in your professional development?
- Why, in your view, the bio-economy is a priority for regional authorities?
Interviews will take place in mid-August, in our Brussels office or via Skype. Please note, that we are evaluating applications on a rolling basis.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Personal data of non-selected candidates are not shared with anyone outside ECRN and will be deleted immediately after the recruitment process.