Vacancy for Science Project Intern in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 29.07.2018
SACAR aisbl, a Brussels-based not-for-profit organisation managing several European & international trade associations representing businesses active in the trade of agricultural products, is looking for Science Project Intern (paid) or a Junior Contractor to support the team with implementation of an internal project on pesticides used in agriculture.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The selected candidate will provide support on the project on creating an internal database on pesticides used in agriculture. Specific tasks will include, but will not be limited to:
- Assist in planning and implementation of the project
- Update internal database on chemicals and identify a priority list
- Research scientific literature and prepare a dossier for each chemical
- Review regulatory status of each chemical
- Check international standards
- Assist consultant when needed
We are looking for a candidate with a strong (academic) background in chemistry or related science who can work independently. The selected candidate is expected to work sticking to the mutually agreed deadlines and have periodical meetings with project staff and partners in the Brussels office. This assignment can be combined with eg. ongoing studies.
- Relevant scientific academic background
- Quick analytical mind; result-oriented
- Basic understanding of EU legislation on pesticides and familiarity with work of EFSA, ECHA and other risk assessment bodies is an advantage
- Experience working on similar projects/tasks is a plus
- A positive and a ‘can do'/ ‘hands- on’ attitude
- Able to work autonomously & with a strong sense of initiative
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible and able to multi-task and stick to deadlines
- Attention to details, efficiency, strong time- management skills
- This assignment is based on completion of tasks which is expected within 4 months (the period may be extended up to 6 months)
- Starting date in September / October 2018
- Introduction to the project and full support from the team during the implementation phase.
Suitable candidates should send their application by e-mail to email@example.com with “Application – Project Intern” as the subject and include as attachments:
- a CV and a short cover letter providing evidence on how your skills suit the assignment
- a reference letter and/or contact details of a referee.
Deadline for applications: 10 August 2018. Interviews will be held in the 1st and 2nd weeks of September.
Please apply only if your profile matches the description. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We will not be able to acknowledge all applications received.