Vacancy for Public Affairs Section Intern in Baku, Azerbaijan
The U.S. Embassy in Baku is seeking individuals for a Public Affairs Section Intern position. Multiple selections may be made from this announcement.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
Note: All information and statement submitted for an internship vacancy are subject to verification. Any willful misstatement will result in elimination for internship consideration and if the individual is hired, subject to immediate termination irrespective of the length of internship. The U.S. Embassy in Baku is seeking individuals for a Public Affairs Section Intern position. Multiple selections may be made from this announcement.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criteria detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. EDUCATION: Current undergraduate or graduate student study is required.
2. LANGUAGE: Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Azerbaijani is required.
3. KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: Good knowledge of local cultural institutions, groups, and trends are required
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
The following is required:
1. Azerbaijani citizen student in good academic standing at his/her current educational institution.
2. Must be a continuing student upon completion of the internship.
3. Must be at least 18 years of age.
4. All applicants must have medical insurance.
5. After selection, the student must receive security and medical clearance before receiving a formal offer of internship.
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174)
2. Statement of Interest (in English);
3. Gratuitous Service Agreement (sample is available at U.S. Embassy Baku Internet page);
4. Written permission on internship from the educational institute (preferable in English) ;
5. Letter of recommendation (preferable in English);
6. Transcript of academic studies (preferable in English).
Deadline: June 18, 2018
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO Only electronic copies: E-mail: BakuHRMailbox@state.gov
POINT OF CONTACT HR Office Telephone: 488-33-00 http://azerbaijan.usembassy.gov