Vacancy for Communications Intern in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 10.06.2018
The College of Europe is looking for an Intern working on EU affairs & communications to join its Development Office in Bruges, Belgium for the period July – December 2018 (6 months). The Development Office is the College of Europe’s main link for developing training courses, projects and professional services for and with individuals, universities, public bodies, companies and organisations worldwide. For more information visit: www.coleurope.eu/training-projects
Description of the position:
The intern will support the Communications team of the Development Office and be directly involved in the marketing and communication activities of the department. S/he will manage marketing and communication tasks in the framework of professional training courses and projects in EU affairs, being in contact with international partners of the College of Europe. The job will accordingly include a variety of administrative tasks as well as dissemination tasks related to the general implementation of the communication strategy of the department.
- University degree preferably in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Advertising, etc., benefiting from an international internship placement programme (Erasmus+, etc.) or student in his/her last year of university studies with placement agreement*;
- Sound knowledge of the EU and its institutions; interest in international relations is considered an asset;
- Proficiency in English and very good level of French;
- Computer literacy (Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, HTML, MailChimp, contacts database management (CRM), social media, Google analytics);
- Very good writing, briefing and communication skills, ability to adjust messages to different target audiences;
- Good analytical and organisational skills and ability to meet strict deadlines; able to work both autonomously and as a team player in a multicultural environment;
- Result-oriented approach and a proactive and cooperative outlook;
- Open personality with strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills and a flexible, creative and dynamic attitude.
*An official placement agreement between the university/school of the intern and the College of Europe of a maximum duration of 6 months is required. The internship should ideally start beginning of July 2018, but other periods can be considered.
We offer an interesting position at the renowned College of Europe, an attractive, multicultural and dynamic work environment and the opportunity to network with partner organisations all over the world.
The Development Office will provide accommodation and full board in the College’s residences in the centre of Bruges. The internship is not remunerated.
Applications should be written in English and consist of a detailed CV (max. 2 pages) and motivation letter (max. 1 page) indicating the earliest starting date and the ability to provide the official placement agreement. They should be sent per e-mail mentioning “INTERN (COMM)” in the subject line.
Contact: Mrs Alissa Albrechts, e-mail: Alissa.email@example.com
Deadline: Friday, 15 June 2018
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The personal data provided in your application will only be processed for determining your qualifications for possible employment with the College of Europe.