Vacancy for Intern in European Affairs in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 10.06.2018
Position type: Full-Time
Start date: July 2018
Deadline for application: 29 June 2018
FERMA is the representative organisation of the risk management profession in Europe. Established in 1974, FERMA brings together 22 national risk management associations in 21 European countries, representing 4800 risk managers active in a wide range of business sectors from major industrial and commercial companies to financial institutions and local government bodies. These members play a crucial role for their organisations with respect to the management and treatment of complex risks and insurance issues. FERMA provides the means of coordinating risk management and optimising the impact of its member associations at a European level. We promote communication among our members and within the International Federation of Risk and Insurance Management Associations (IFRIMA) of which FERMA is a member.
FERMA is looking for a full-time intern to join its Brussels-based team for a period of 3 months minimum. The successful candidate will be assisting in policy work of the association covering the following areas: environment, digital, insurance market and corporate governance. He/she will proactively contribute to the dissemination and communication of technical content produced by FERMA through various social media channels.
- Monitoring the below information and assessing their relevance for FERMA advocacy activities and the risk and insurance management community: Legislation and related consultations via EU websites, RSS feeds, news, etc… and EU funding opportunities, calls for proposals and participation in European Commission expert groups
- Assisting the EU affairs advisor with the organisation of FERMA Working Groups and drafting minutes
- Participating in relevant advocacy events in Brussels and reporting back on behalf of FERMA
- Writing notes, briefs, memos both for internal and external use
- Preparing meetings with EU officials
- Supporting the drafting of FERMA newsletter
- Assisting with other activities on request
- Undergraduate/graduate student in EU law, economics, political sciences, with the possibility to have a contract signed with the university (“convention de stage”)
- Knowledge of the EU institutions and legislative processes
- Proficient knowledge of English both speaking and writing; knowledge of French and other languages are a definite plus
- Excellent Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- Knowledge of social media and website editing is a plus
- Good research skills with a keen eye for details
- Flexible, dynamic, self-motivated and innovative, multi-tasking professional with a “can-do” attitude
- Availability to travel abroad when required
- A 3 months internship in a European lobbying environment
- A monthly trainee compensation package: lunch vouchers “Tickets restaurants”: 7€/day and transport in Brussels fully refunded (STIB subscription)
- Send CV and cover letter in English by e-mail to: Julien Bedhouche at firstname.lastname@example.org by 29 June 2018 with the following reference in the subject line of your email: “First and Last Name - Internship FERMA”
- A short test will be done in-house during the interview: summarising a document in English in a short PowerPoint
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information visit our website.
Please note that FERMA is processing your data for recruitment reasons. In the event that you are not selected, FERMA will retain your information for a period of one year in case of future internship openings.