Vacancy for Foreign Assistance Intern in Baku, AzerbaijanInternships 30.03.2018
The U.S. Embassy in Baku is seeking individuals for a Foreign Assistance Intern position. Multiple selections may be made from this announcement.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This is NOT an offer of Federal Employment; There will be NO benefits; There will be NO COMPENSATION.
Note: All information and statement submitted for an internship vacancy are subject to verification. Any willful misstatement will result in elimination for internship consideration and if the individual is hired, subject to immediate termination irrespective of the length of internship.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
The position serves as an intern for the Assistance Coordination Committee of U.S. Embassy in Baku. The intern will learn about federal assistance and international development by supporting ongoing activities related to U.S. Government Assistance programs, including assisting with events and meetings, gathering data, and preparing reports on federal assistance. Engages in independent research projects as directed by supervisor as well as other tasks as assigned. A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office. Contact ext. 3847.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. EDUCATION: Current undergraduate or graduate student study is required.
2. LANGUAGE: Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Azerbaijani or Russian. Level III (Good Working Knowledge) of reading/speaking/writing in the other language is required.
3. KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: Good working knowledge of Embassy organizational structure and systems and basic knowledge of Department of State Policies. Knowledge of Azerbaijan's development sector and donor-funded activities. Skills in organization, written and oral communication, office software (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SharePoint; professional research and written analysis skills.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Non-U.S. citizen student in good academic standing at his/her current educational institution.
- Must be a continuing student upon completion of the internship.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- All applicants must have medical insurance.
- After selection, the student must receive security and medical clearance before receiving a formal offer of employment.