Vacancy for Communications Intern in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 23.05.2018
PlasticsEurope is one of the leading European trade associations with centres in Brussels, Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Milan and Paris. We are networking with European and national plastics associations and have more than 100 member companies, producing over 90% of all polymers across the EU28 member states plus Norway, Switzerland and Turkey.
The European plastics industry makes a significant contribution to the welfare in Europe by enabling innovation, creating quality of life to citizens and facilitating resource efficiency and climate protection.
More than 1.5 million people are working in approximately 60,000 companies (mainly small and medium sized companies in the converting sector) to create a turnover above 350 bn EUR per year.
The plastics industry includes polymer producers - represented by PlasticsEurope, converters - represented by EuPC – and machine manufacturers - represented by EUROMAP. For further info see the web links:
We are looking for a Communications Intern for a 6 month paid internship to support our Public Affairs activities in the field of communications (focus media and social media); the internship is based in Brussels.
The position is for a highly motivated, well organised and efficient candidate who is looking to gain hands-on experience in communications and (social) media relations, engaging with stakeholder, as well as country and issue-specific knowledge.
- Draft press releases, news stories for the website, newsletters and content for social media platforms
- Searching for and updating media contacts
- Compile weekly (social) media monitoring
- Scout for new ideas, directions and tools for communication activities of Public Affairs Team
- General support to the Public Affairs Team
- A (post) graduate degree (or in the pursuit of finalising it), preferably in Political Science, Communications, Journalism, or similar;
- Previous, related work experience is an asset;
- Knowledge of EU policy and decision-making procedures and institutions;
- Strong research skills with the ability to pay close attention to details;
- Analytical skills and ability to digest complex information into concise and informative briefs;
- Team player and able to work autonomously;
- Quick learner, well-organised and able to deliver on time;
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or other editing programmes is a plus;
- Native English speaker or equivalent;
- Knowledge of other European languages is an asset;
- Possession of an EU passport, student visa, or other means of residing in Belgium for a minimum of six months.
If you wish to apply please send your CV (maximum two pages) and cover letter (maximum one page) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 June 2018. Please do not forget to mention when you would be available to start.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.