Vacancy for Community Liaison Office (CLO) Intern in Baku, Azerbaijan
The U.S. Embassy in Baku is seeking individuals for a Community Liaison Office (CLO) Intern position. Multiple selections may be made from this announcement.
OPEN TO: All Azerbaijani Students
OPENING DATE: May 24, 2018
CLOSING DATE: June 07, 2018
WORK HOURS: Part time; 20-30 hours/week
LENGTH OF HIRE: Six months
- This is NOT an offer of Federal Employment;
- There will be NO benefits;
- There will be NO COMPENSATION.
Note: All information and statement submitted for an internship vacancy are subject to verification. Any willful misstatement will result in elimination for internship consideration and if the individual is hired, subject to immediate termination irrespective of the length of internship.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
The incumbent’s primary duties are to provide administrative support to the Community Liaison Office. The incumbent assists the Community Liaison Officer in event planning, developing and maintaining key contacts, developing reports, and managing information that benefits the morale and welfare of the entire mission. A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office. Contact ext. 3847.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criteria detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. EDUCATION: Current undergraduate or graduate student study is required.
2. LANGUAGE: Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Azerbaijani or Russian. Level III (Good Working Knowledge) of reading/speaking/writing in the other language is required.
3. KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: Good working knowledge of Azerbaijan's history, culture and customs. Basic computer skills are required (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet)
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. Non-U.S. citizen student in good academic standing at his/her current educational institution.
2. Must be a continuing student upon completion of the internship.
3. Must be at least 18 years of age.
4. All applicants must have medical insurance.
5. After selection, the student must receive security and medical clearance before receiving a formal offer of employment.
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on official website;
2. Statement of Interest (in English);
3. Gratuitous Service Agreement (sample is available at U.S. Embassy Baku Internet page);
4. Written permission on internship from the educational institute (preferable in English) ;
5. Letter of recommendation (preferable in English);
6. Transcript of academic studies (preferable in English).
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Only electronic copies: E-mail: BakuHRMailbox@state.gov
POINT OF CONTACT
HR Office Telephone: 488-33-00