Vacancy for Policy Intern in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 04.11.2018
uRIC is currently looking for a Policy Intern to join our team from December 2018 on.
EuRIC is the Confederation representing the interests of the European recycling industries. EuRIC brings together European and national recycling associations from more than 20 EU and EFTA countries and represents their interests by acting as the trusted interface between the recycling industry and the European Union. We serve as a platform for information, cooperation and exchange of best practices on all European recycling matters.
More information about EuRIC: www.euric-aisbl.eu
The Policy Intern will take care in particular of the following tasks:
- Monitoring of relevant developments for the recycling industry at European level (plastics strategy, waste and chemicals legislation and implementation and revision of waste legislation, among others);
- Support the drafting of position papers and other relevant policy documents;
- Assistance in organizing meetings and events;
- Attendance to conferences, meetings and workshops.
- University master’s degree in law, economics, political sciences, environmental sciences or chemistry;
- Fluent written and spoken English. Knowledge of other EU languages is an asset;
- Proactive and willing to learn;
- Interest in European affairs and basic knowledge of the EU decision-making process;
- Good interpersonal and public speaking skills;
- Proven computer literacy (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Preferably 6 months of relevant work experience in EU affairs.
- Prior traineeship in an EU institution or in an international organization would be a plus.
- A paid 6-month internship contract.
- The opportunity to work for a dynamic industry in a multicultural environment.
- To apply for this position, please send a cover letter (one page) and your CV (in English) to:
firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Mr. Emmanuel Katrakis.
- Please include your first and last name and the job title (“Policy Intern”) in the subject line.
- Closing date for applications: 16th November 2018.
All applications will be processed in full confidentiality. Please note that only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.