Vacancy for Policy & Communication Intern in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 29.11.2018
The European Federation for Services to Individuals (EFSI) brings together national federations and associations as well as private companies that are involved in the development of Personal and Household Services (PHS) in Europe. PHS include a broad range of activities that contribute to the well-being of families and individuals: child care, long-term care for the elderly and for persons with disabilities, ironing, cooking, cleaning, gardening, remedial classes, small repair work, and home administrative tasks. Through its members, EFSI is present in 22 EU Member States.
EFSI is currently looking for a policy and communication intern for the 1st semester of 2019. The internship should last at least three months and is based in Brussels. The intern’s main tasks will be related to EFSI’s general advocacy and communication work. The intern will be part of the team and is expected to contribute to the overall work of EFSI, as appropriate. Candidates should show practical skills, high motivation for work, flexibility, a dynamic attitude and team spirit.
Only applicants who must complete an internship as part of their studies (as a requirement of the curriculum) or of training or mobility programmes will be accepted. The internship is non-remunerated according to Belgian legislation. However, the intern receives meal vouchers and a reimbursement of monthly season public transport tickets. For interns who need to travel to Brussels, please note that travel/relocation costs will not be covered by EFSI.
An agreement will be signed by the University or another sending institution, EFSI and the applicant following the guidelines of the University or another sending institutions. Applicants are asked to duly check the agreement requirements with their University or educational institute before applying.
Description of the position
- Support with the production of EFSI’s internal newsletter (screening the news channels, web and paper-based research, compiling news items, summarizing and editing).
- Attend relevant meetings at EU institutions, organizations, and other internal and external events/conferences and taking minutes.
- Assist with desk research on specific areas (e.g. social and employment policies, tax policies, digital single market, etc.) and with the elaboration of briefing, analytical notes and position papers.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications / Skills requirements
- Enrollment in an educational institutions or a programme giving an internship agreement.
- Master’s-level degree, or equivalent experience in the field of international affairs, EU studies, law or communication.
- Excellent knowledge of EU institutions and policy making procedure.
- Interest in EFSI’s areas of expertise.
- Fluent written and spoken English is essential. Knowledge of another EU language is an asset.
- Computer literacy (all MS office applications). Experience with Typo3 and social media is a plus.
- Experience with event organisation is a plus.
- Ability to easily familiarise with unknown topics.
- Flexibility to work on a diversity of issues.
Applications should be written in English and consist of a detailed CV (max. 2 pages) and motivation letter (max. 1 page). It must :
- indicate the University or programme under which you will do your internship,
- state the period during which you are able to complete your internship.
Applications should be sent per e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Policy and communication intern application” in the subject line.
Deadline for sending the application : 6 January 2019
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please understand that we won’t be able to answer every applicant individually.
For more information visit : www.efsi-europe.eu.