Vacancy for Communications and Digital Intern in Washington, DCInternships 07.10.2018
Communications and Digital Intern
Who We Are:
Faith in Action is the largest grassroots faith-based community-organizing network in the United States. For over 40 years Faith in Action has brought people of faith together to advance racial and economic justice. Faith in Action organizations have successfully changed public policies at the local, state and federal level that have helped to reduce gun violence, improve the quality of education for children, make housing more affordable and protect families from foreclosure and securing jobs.
Through an innovative campaign infrastructure that ties together grassroots people-led organizing in more than 200 cities and towns and 21 states with large-scale efforts to change federal policy, Faith in Action is currently leading campaigns to help with citizenship for 11 million aspiring Americans, end mass-incarceration and make sure that no one is excluded from the benefits of health reform.
Faith in Action is seeking a Communications and Digital Intern to assist in writing social media posts, drafting emails, researching and compiling press lists, and preparing network-wide communications materials. An ideal intern will be open to any communications task that arises.
The Communications and Digital Intern reports to the Managing Director for Communications and works directly with Faith in Action’s communications department to drive messaging and develop strategies for Faith in Action’s digital campaigns, federations and allies.
- Draft content for Faith in Action’s social media platforms, which include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Track followers and engagement growth for all of the organization’s social media accounts
- Contribute to the development of Faith in Action’s digital media strategy
- Compile lists of the network’s press clips twice per week
- Upload press clips to Faith in Action’s website
- Draft emails, digital guides, media advisories and press releases for Faith in Action’s national team and federations
- Track and report media coverage surrounding specific announcements
- Participate in weekly meetings and conference calls
- Support communications projects as assigned
- Perform any other assignments as directed by Digital Director
- Strong writing skills, including precise grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Creative thinker and active listener
- Pursuing a College degree
- The ability to work independently and with team members
- Organized and detail oriented
- Graphic design experience is preferred
All applicants must apply for this position online. (Click the "Apply for this Position" HERE) Please have the following documents ready to upload to your online application:
- An electronic file of your resume (preferably in PDF format)
- A cover letter stating why you would be the ideal person for this position
If you need assistance or experience any technical difficulties with your online application, please contact email@example.com. Resumes will not be accepted via this email address.
FAITH IN ACTION is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.