Vacancy for Research Intern in Redmond, WAInternships 07.10.2018
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs is looking for interns with expertise in haptic perception, multisensory integration, and motor control to help us to invent technologies for interaction with the augmented world. In this role, you will work with world-leading collaborators and methods in cognitive science and neuroscience fields to develop computational models that improve our understanding of the sensorimotor system and pave the way to the next generation of virtual and augmented reality technologies.
This internship is sixteen (16) to twenty-four (24) weeks long and we have various start dates throughout the year.
- Plan and execute cutting-edge behavioral and theoretical research to advance AR/VR interaction technologies by drawing on scientific understanding of human sensorimotor skills.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to translate fundamental scientific knowledge into novel software and hardware technologies.
- Use quantitative research methods to analyze behavioral data (from psychophysical and motor control experiments) and design predictive models.
- In the process of obtaining a PhD degree in the field of cognitive science, psychology, engineering, computer science, or related field.
- Currently enrolled in a full-time PhD program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship.
- Track record of successful research on human perception and action.
- Excellent research skills involving defining problems, exploring solutions, and analyzing and presenting results.
- Proficiency in Matlab.
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Must be available for 12 or 16 week internship between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019
- Expertise with psychophysical research methods and computational modeling.
- Knowledge of haptic perception and related technologies.
- Proficiency in C++/C# and experience with virtual reality.
In order to apply, .