Vacancy for Trainee, Administrative and Logistics Support in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 23.10.2018
The European Endowment for Democracy (EED) is a grant-giving organisation based in Brussels.
EED’s goal is to provide flexible support to democracy activists, complementing other EU and member state democracy support programmes. EED provides context-based, demand driven support based on a principle of fostering democracy and facilitating initiatives of local actors. EED believes in taking an unconventional approach to supporting democracy through investing in transformational ideas and the people behind them. Its geographic mandate covers the European neighbourhood and beyond.
EED seeks a trainee for a traineeship (starting around January 2019) for Administrative and Logistics Support.
- Assistance is required to support EED reception desk and support EED’s events and travel arrangements.
- Fluency in English and French required. Russian or Arabic or other EED language would be an advantage. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other IT platforms an advantage.
- In line with the professional immersion agreement provisions, the maximum age of applicants shall be 30 years old.
- For practical reasons, citizenship of an EU Member State or residency in the European Union is preferred.
In coordination with the Office Coordinator, Team Coordinator, Communications Manager and the Surveillance and Reception Coordinator (and under the overall supervision of the Director of Operations), the Administrative and Logistics Support Trainee shall:
- Sit at the reception desk and welcome visitors to EED;
- Assist in implementing EED security arrangements and monitoring of EED closed-circuit cameras;
- Support the EED secretariat in organising the logistics of the missions for EED staff to the countries of EED operations and European countries (including booking travel and accommodation of participants);
- Assist in organising the logistics for EED events and engagement with members of the EED community of practice (including travel and accommodation of participants);
- Assist with events organisation (including arranging room layout, interpretation, catering organising participant lists and welcoming guests, reception duties, etc.);
- Update EED databases and maintain the EED archive;
- Assist with other administrative tasks of the EED team.
The successful candidate should be ready to undergo training to receive an “attestation générale de compétence Agent de gardiennage” before taking up duties.
How to apply
Should you be interested in a position and meet the criteria, please submit your CV (Europass format preferred) and a cover letter specifying to which position you are applying and contact information for two referees. Applications should be made online using the “apply” panel on the following page: https://eed.recruitee.com/o/traineeship-administrative-and-logistics-support. After successfully submitting your application, you will receive an automatic email confirming receipt of your application. Please no phone calls/emails/letters.
The application deadline is Friday, 30 November 2018 at midnight Brussels time.
Unfortunately, we cannot respond to every application, therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. All applications will however be kept on file and candidates will be contacted if a suitable opportunity arises in the future. The information provided in the applications is subject to EU legislation on protection of personal data and confidentiality of information.
Terms and Salary
Preferred contractual relations with the trainees is a Convention d'immersion professionnelle (a professional immersion agreement under Belgian Law). The expected level of monthly remuneration is around €1,450 net per month.
Duration: six months (with the possibility of extension up to a maximum of one year subject to satisfactory performance and individual legal situation).