Vacancy for Trainee (multiple positions available) in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 29.10.2018
We are currently looking for 2-3 TRAINEES to start in January or February 2019 for 3 to 6 months
ADE is one of Europe’s leading evaluation companies. We are based in Louvain-la-Neuve, near Brussels, Belgium.
We are specialised in strategic evaluations of public policies, focusing on high-level issues of senior decision-makers. We have also expertise in impact evaluations using rigorous mixed-methods approaches, in which we collect and use first hand data to conduct statistic and econometric analysis.
We focus in particular on international relations, development cooperation, and humanitarian aid, for major clients such as the European Union, the European Investment Bank, EU Member States’ aid agencies, the African Development Bank, or United Nations agencies.
Examples of recent evaluations we conducted:
- Evaluation of the EIB Africa-Caribbean-Pacific Investment Facility (ongoing)
- Impact Evaluation in Rwanda – Programme against Vulnerability (ongoing)
- Impact Evaluation in Morocco – Women Entrepreneurship (ongoing)
- Evaluation of the EU humanitarian interventions in India and Nepal (2018)
- Evaluation of the Belgian cooperation support to the private sector (2018)
- Evaluation of the African Development Bank support to agricultural value chains (2017)
- Evaluation of the EU Approach to building Resilience in African Drylands (2017)
- Evaluation of the EU humanitarian response to the Syrian Crisis (2016)
- A challenging internship, as part of your studies
- An opportunity to gain experience within a leading consulting team in the area of high-level public policies and strategies
- An opportunity to gain experience in working with international donors, such as the EU
- An opportunity to work in an international environment with highly-qualified colleagues
- The possibility of developing your skills as a professional consultant and of applying them to a range of different sectors
- Participation in the evaluation studies conducted by ADE, particularly in respect of:
- Evaluation design
- Data collection and research
- Quantitative and qualitative research and analysis (including statistical analysis for a trainee in Impact Evaluation)
- Contributing to other ADE activities, including support to proposal writing, business development, and knowledge dissemination.
MAIN SKILLS REQUIRED
- Currently studying for a Master’s university degree, preferably in Economics, Finance or Evaluation (student status required)
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Solid capabilities in qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Strong writing skills
- Organizational and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams
- Good command of the main computer software packages (Word, PPT, and Excel)
- Excellent level of written and spoken English; at least basic knowledge of French
WOULD BE AN ASSET:
- Experience in evaluation of public policies or impact evaluation
- Knowledge and understanding of development cooperation or humanitarian aid issues
- Knowledge and understanding of the functioning of EU institutions and policies
- Knowledge of statistical software packages (e.g. SPSS, R, Stata), survey tools, and big data analysis
- Knowledge of other languages
Interested candidates are welcome to send their application (CV and 1-page cover letter) in English to email@example.com by 19 November 2019. We will process applications as soon as we receive them. Please indicate in your covering letter the channel through which you learned about this opportunity. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.