Vacancy for Shipment and Customs Assistant (Trainee Level) in Baku, AzerbaijanInternships 24.09.2018
The U.S. Embassy in Baku is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Shipping and Customs Assistant.
DUTIES: The primary purpose of this position is facilitating incoming and outgoing shipment and customs clearance of private property and U.S. Government property. Advising departing personnel of their entitlements under applicable agency regulations (STATE, DOD, etc.), and of customs regulations and requirements and related matters. Arranging for pick-up, packing, shipment, customs clearance, storage or delivery, and unpacking of outgoing private and U.S. Government property. Prepares a variety of documents related to incoming and outgoing shipments, specifically customs clearance documentation associated with such shipments.
Who May Apply : All Interested Applicants / All Sources.
Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (1 month) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Secondary school degree is required.
- One year of progressively responsible experience in the customs, transportation, or administrative field is required.
- Must possess a category “B” local driver’s license or be able to receive it within six months.
- Level 3 (Good Working Knowledge) Reading/Speaking/Writing English, Azerbaijani and Russian are required. (This may be tested)
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- Residency and/or Work Permit copy
- Passport or National ID card copy
Also required for family member (EFM) applicants:
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.