Do you want to join BP as an intern?Internships 04.04.2019
We are looking for a self-motivated individual studying in the third year of a bachelor’s degree or in the first year of a master’s degree program to participate in Work Placement Program at BP. This role will provide an extensive opportunity for those who would like to gain Finance experience with BP and apply in practice the relevant knowledge as well as data analysis and digital skills they have gained during their education.
The successful individual will join the BP AGT Finance department on a temporary basis in the period of July to September 2019.
The trainee will work on activities involving integrated planning process, budgeting and forecasting, gaining knowledge of agreements, with focus on protecting, creating and maximizing value from existing commercial operations. We would also expect the individual to apply their data analysis and digital skills to suggest the ideas on how the current business processes can be improved or optimized and ideally work on those optimizations.
- Learn the commercial aspects of existing agreements
- Develop business case and provide finance inputs for investment decisions
- Support strategy and plan development
- Apply programming and data analysis skills as well as digital tools to optimization of the existing Finance processes in an agile way
- University degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Applied Math, Computer Sciences
Essential experience and job requirements:
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong business and technical acumen
- Self-driven and highly motivated individual
- Proficiency in MS Office programs
- Fluency in English (both written and verbal)
- Excellent team player
- Graduating from university in 2020 (either bachelors or masters)
- For local universities CGPA 85 and above (or equivalent for overseas universities) – please attach the most recent transcript
Desirable criteria & qualifications:
Programming skills (e.g. Python or other) and Visualization tools (e.g. Power BI)
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
BP's Upstream segment focuses on finding reserves of oil and gas, developing the means to extract and process it and then producing and transporting it to market. This involves using cutting edge technology to find the energy reserves, the ability to drill thousands of meters under the ground, designing, building and operating some of the world's largest most complex production onshore / offshore facilities and finally being able to transport these fluids, to provide energy to the world.
The Commercial Discipline plays a pivotal role in delivering performance today and in securing access to future opportunities. Our purpose is to:
- shape and implement strategy through establishing robust business plans, evaluating investment opportunities and managing performance
- deliver commercial operational management including specialist areas of hydrocarbon transportation and regulatory compliance and administration
- create deals and contractual arrangements to manage risk and reward in the access, exploration, development and operational phases of the business.
To get more information about the requirements and apply the position please follow this link: https://jobs.bp.com/job/baku-city/work-practice-finance
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org for any application related questions.