Vacancy for Policy Assistant in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 05.04.2019
We are looking for a motivated policy assistant to join our team for 6 months.
About Energy Technologies Europe:
Energy Technologies Europe is the association representing suppliers of state-of-the-art energy conversion technologies. Members are located throughout Europe and are engineering cutting-edge technologies contributing to a clean, secure, and affordable energy supply.
Energy Technologies Europe gives a voice at the EU level to suppliers of innovative technologies to produce electricity, heating and cooling as well as generating other products, utilising a multitude of energy sources.
- Monitoring the latest EU legislative and policy developments in the Energy and Environment fields
- Preparing and participating in workshops, conferences and networking events and reporting back
- Drafting position papers, reports, minutes and other publications as necessary
- Conducting research and reporting on EU projects and developments relevant to the association
- Developing communications materials and managing social media accounts (Twitter and LinkedIn)
- Assisting in the development of projects on Clean Energy Hubs
Requirements and competencies:
- Interest in energy, industry and environment issues
- Knowledge of EU Institutions and its decision-making processes
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite; good commands of German/French are desirable; any additional European languages are an asset
- Ability to take initiative, work independently as well as in a team and plan to meet deadlines
- Excellent writing and oral skills
- Cooperative, well-mannered, team player, curious attitude and flexible.
- Challenging tasks and opportunitites to develop your skills and understanding of the energy sector and the EU institutions
- An opportunity to learn and practice daily the various tasks of a policy officer
- A thorough knowledge of the latest EU legislation and the energy sector
- An experience in an association with members from leading European industrial companies
- A stimulating, dynamic and young international environment
- This is an unpaid internship
Please send your CV and motivation letter at email@example.com, indicating “Energy Technologies Europe - Policy Intern” in the subject line.
Closing date: 21 April 2019, but qualified candidates may already be interviewed before the deadline
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: 6 Months
Hours: Full time