Vacancy for Research & Communication Assistant (Intern) in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 08.01.2019
We are looking for a resourceful intern to join our Brussels office.
Public Policy Exchange holds regular interactive seminars which provide an invaluable interface for policy discussion, debate and networking. These seminars offer local practitioners, civil servants and other stakeholders not only an insight into current policy thinking, but also the opportunity to feed into future policy development across all areas of public policy.
The successful applicant will take on a key role as within a small team and will be responsible for a range of tasks including:
- Researching suitable subject matter/event topics, across a wide range of public policy areas
- Monitoring public policy developments
- Writing event programmes and content
- Creating event related marketing copy
- Researching suitable speakers
- Researching potential attendees and co-ordinating with our Market Research Department
In addition there will be a requirement to support colleagues in speaker recruitment, event delivery and the marketing process.
The successful applicant will have a thorough understanding of both EU policy and the structure and functions of public sector organisations.
Key skills/experience required includes:
- Excellent command of English
- Completed university degree
- Proven research skills
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent written communication
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
- An ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders
- A team player
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and reliability
- The ability to work without supervision
To apply please send your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you are keen on the job and how your experience matches the candidate profile. The position is remunerated and will be for six months. Applications should be sent to email@example.com