Vacancy for Business Development Intern in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 22.01.2019
Business Development Internship
6 months (full time), availability ideally from 22nd January 2018
We are recruiting a highly motivated person to support the marketing activities, events organization and communications in the Business Development Unit.
SolarPower Europe is a member-led association representing organisations active along the whole value chain. Our aim is to shape the regulatory environment and enhance business opportunities for solar power in Europe.
Are you target oriented, unwilling to take “no” for an answer and keen to gain experience in sales? Then the Business Development Internship position at SolarPower Europe may be what you’re looking for. The intern will be managed by the Business Development Manager and will support the work of the unit through the following tasks:
- New membership and sponsorship acquisition (corporate sales in B2B):
- market research, generate leads, prospecting through cold calls, setting up and attending sales calls and meetings, follow-up and CRM updates, direct sales of membership and sponsorship (for the assigned accounts), building and retaining relationship with existing members and sponsors
- Assist in developing and updating all (membership, sponsorship and events) marketing materials (in print and online)
- General assistance and organisational support to the BD department
- General assistance with SolarPower Europe reception (phone and visitors): when required
- Motivated to work with tight deadlines and ambitious targets
- Passionate about closing deals under pressure and in a high pace environment (experience in corporate sales, customer facing role, B2B environment, membership and sponsorship sales is a plus)
- Outstanding communication skills (oral and written)
- Able to process large amount of information quickly and take decisions to solve problems
- Capable to work effectively in a team and independently when required
- Proficient in English (any other foreign language is an asset)
- Currently a student or graduating with a degree in Business, Marketing, Sales Management or similar
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Excel (experience with CRM software is an advantage)
- Eager to learn about the solar energy sector and B2B business development
Important Conditions and Offer
SolarPower Europe is offering a paid internship for at least 6 months. As per Belgian legislation, a monthly reimbursement (750EUR) for expenses on a standard basis is planned.
A CV (max 2 pages) and motivation letter (max 1 page) should be sent to Daniel Dang at email@example.com until midnight on 05/02/2018 quoting “Business Development Internship” in subject line.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.