Vacancy for Communications, EU Public & Government Affairs Intern in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 10.06.2019
ExxonMobil is the world’s largest publicly traded international oil and gas company, best known in the Benelux for its Esso and Mobil brands. With activities in nearly all countries around the world, ExxonMobil prides itself on its commitment to meeting the world’s growing demand for energy in an economically, environmentally and socially responsible manner. The company strives towards operational excellence with talented people, strong financial resources and cutting edge technology.
ExxonMobil Petroleum & Chemical b.v.b.a. is looking for a Communications intern to join its EU Public & Government Affairs team. The selected candidate will work in an engaging environment to contribute to ExxonMobil’s public affairs and outreach activities at the EU and regional levels. The remunerated six-month internship position is based in Brussels.
Start date: 1 September, 2019
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing communications support to EU Public Affairs outreach activities, including:
- Updates to the EU website, enhancing the EU Twitter account;
- Stakeholder engagement and event organization;
- Development of content and communication material;
- Helping with the development of advocacy and communications strategies;
- Interacting with external partners.
- Providing internal communications support in the Brussels office.
We are particularly looking for a candidate with:
- Background in communication, public affairs, media relations or advocacy;
- Experience in digital and social media strategy development and implementation, social media savvy;
- Ability to easily acquire new IT and technology skills;
- Good interpersonal communications skills, including in an international environment;
- Strong analytical capabilities and project management skills;
- Interest in and experience with EU policy developments (ideally in the EU institutions);
- Good understanding of EU decision-making procedure;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Development potential and shows leadership skills.
Submit your candidature today!
Application deadline: 16 June 2019. Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so apply now!
Apply here: https://exxonmobil.co/2MwuFGS