Calling all Young Reporters. The BBC has openings for its Trainee Sports Reporter schemeInternships 10.05.2019
About the scheme
These work experience placements are two days a week for five weeks during July and August. Placements are in BBC radio and online sites, alongside BBC Sport teams across the UK.
NO previous media or journalism experience, education, or training is required.
What’s on offer?
- Training from the BBC Academy.
- 2 days a week, 5 week unpaid placement within a BBC radio or online sports department.
- A mentor from your chosen BBC site.
- The opportunity to gain useful skills in sports reporting.
Where are the placements?
Placements run across the UK. For more information, visit FAQs page.
What we’re looking for:
- Sport-minded, driven, committed and talented people from all across the UK.
- A proven passion for sport and for telling stories.
- A willingness to further your career in sports journalism.
- You don’t need to have any prior journalism experience to apply.
- You'll need to be aged 18 before the start of the scheme. There are no other age limitations.
A number of previous trainee reporters have used this experience to go on and gain employment in the industry and we hope you can be next. Don’t miss out on your chance to follow in their footsteps.
- BBCKickOff on Twitter.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest from the scheme via the BBC Kick Off Trainee Sports Reporters page.
- Click here to apply - applications close at 11:59pm on 20 May 2019.