Summer Internship Opportunity in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 28.05.2019
INTERNSHIP VACANCY – SUMMER 2019
Important information: this internship is only open to students whose university or other higher education institution is able to establish a “Convention de Stage”. Strong preference will be given to Belgium-based universities and other higher education institutions preferably. See also below – “Additional Information”.
NAME OF THE ORGANISATION: Cardno Emerging Markets, Belgium s.a.
ADDRESS: Avenue Louise 479, B-1050 Brussels, Belgium
CONTACT PERSON: Frédérique JOUARE, firstname.lastname@example.org
TEL/FAX: +32 2 282 03 13
LOCATION OF THE INTERNSHIP: Brussels, Belgium
PERIOD OF THE INTERNSHIP: 1 July to 30 September 2018 (i.e. 3 months, with some flexibility)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 16 June 2019
Cardno brings a 40-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. With ofﬁces in Australia, North America, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Paciﬁc, we investigate the causes of poverty and focus on improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure that sustains communities.
Cardno Emerging Markets, Belgium focuses on the acquisition and delivery of EU-funded development aid service contracts in the field of trade, private sector development and agriculture / rural development. Our team of 10 permanent employees brings together, in a dynamic environment, development professionals from a variety of technical and cultural backgrounds.
INTERNSHIP OBJECTIVE AND DESCRIPTION OF TASKS:
The intern’s responsibilities will be varied and critical to the work of both the Business Development team in charge of EU tenders as well as the Accounting and Administration team. These will include in particular:
- Review and improve quality of past project information in Cardno’s knowledge management systems, and tailor selected project references to EU tendering requirements.
- Develop content for marketing materials in the French language, from existing material in the English-language, to support the company’s business development efforts in French-speaking African countries.
- Support ongoing bids based on needs (this may include, for example, the identification and selection of external consultants for specific project opportunities).
- Support the accounting team in the preparation of the company’s annual audit, by compiling accounting and legal documents, conducting internal document verification and preparing audit files under the guidance of the Senior Accountant. Note: this specific work will be concentrated in the last two weeks of August, plus a few days in September. It may also include the compilation of data in Excel.
- Ad-hoc administrative support and support to the annual archiving of company records.
For this internship, we are looking for a well-rounded higher education student with the following attributes:
- Organised and methodical, with an eye for detail;
- A team player with good communication skills;
- Proficient use of the Microsoft Office suite, especially Word and Excel;
- A proven interest in international relations, or development aid, or marketing and communications, would be a strong asset.
REQUESTED LANGUAGES: Fluency in both English and French is mandatory.
BENEFITS: Lunch vouchers (EUR 6 per worked day) + reimbursement of public transportation costs.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates should mandatory send their CV (in English) and Cover Letter (in French) to Ms Frédérique JOUARE: email@example.com by 16/06/2019 indicating " "INTERNSHIP VACANCY – SUMMER 2019" in the subject line.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This internship will be subject to an Internship Agreement (“Convention de Stage”) being signed between Cardno and the applicant’s university or other higher education institution.