Vacancy for Trainee (EU Affairs) in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 31.05.2019
Trainee in EU affairs
Eurogas, the association representing the European gas wholesale, retail and distribution sectors towards the EU institutions, is looking for a trainee to support the association’s EU affairs work. This traineeship is remunerated. The duration is 6 months with a possibility of extension.
- Following regulatory and policy developments, drafting briefing notes
- Performing research on selected matters
- Contributing to analysis helpful for Eurogas monitoring and positioning
- Attending relevant events and meetings and producing reports
- Monitoring stakeholders’ activities and reporting on them
- Monitoring members’ activities relevant to Eurogas activities
- Contributing to updating Eurogas communications materials (brochures, website, etc.)
- Supporting the work of Eurogas Committees
- Eligible to work in the EU
- Master degree in Political Science/Communications/Economics
- Excellent command of English (oral and written). Any additional language would be considered a plus
- Knowledge of EU energy policies
- Previous experience in relevant field or EU institutions is an asset
- Strong research skills
- Excellent time management skills
How to apply
Please send your CV and a motivation letter to Mr Nicolas Jensen email@example.com mentioning “Eurogas traineeship EU Affairs [your surname]” in the subject line of your email by 7 June.
Founded in 1990, Eurogas is the prime interlocutor for energy policy, environmental and other issues related to the represented sector.
Gas is indispensable to establish a cost-efficient and sustainable low-carbon energy system. In the short and medium term, a switch to natural gas from coal and oil in power generation, transport and heating greatly reduces emissions of carbon dioxide and other pollutants. In the long term the gas network can increasingly carry renewable gas, e.g. biomethane as well as hydrogen and synthetic gas produced from excess electricity generated by variable renewable sources, such as wind and sun.