Internship: Tbilisi and Regional Offices | Transparency International (TI) GeorgiaInternships 02.09.2019
Transparency International (TI) Georgia works to support the development of public institutions, promote good governance and the rule of law, ensure transparency and accountability of government, support fair and democratic elections and protect universally recognized human rights. Find out more about our work and projects at http://transparency.ge.
Transparency International Georgia is currently seeking exceptional part-time volunteer interns. Candidates should have a strong interest in issues related to transparency, accountability and anti-corruption. The position is geared towards active and dedicated young people without significant prior work experience. Successful applicants will gain direct exposure and contribute to the work and management of a leading anti-corruption organization in Georgia.
Duty station: Tbilisi / Batumi / Kutaisi / Zugdidi / Akhaltsikhe / Telavi
Working hours: Part-time; hours determined to accommodate an intern’s schedule
Duration: 3 months
Reports to: HR Manager (Tbilisi office) / Regional Coordinator (Regional offices)
Main duties include:
- Analyzing various data, including received through freedom of information (FOI) requests;
- Attending various events and reporting on them to respective project teams;
- Monitoring media reports and preparing briefings for staff.
- Conducting online research;
- Assisting with administrative tasks, such as logistics for TI Georgia events;
- Performing Georgian to English translation and/or interpretation, and vice versa.
Qualifications and required skills:
- Third or last year student of political science, public administration, international relations, law, journalism or other relevant fields;
- Possess excellent command of English and Georgian languages (both written and spoken);
- Have a strong command of basic computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet research) and typing skills;
- Be able to write without stylistic, grammatical or other mistakes in Georgian language;
- Be a motivated self-starter who works well both in a team and on their own;
- Be completion-oriented, detail-oriented and organized;
- Have solid communication skills;
- Have a solid understanding of TI Georgia’s mission and mandate.
Submit the following to email@example.com
- CV (in Georgian or English);
- Cover letter indicating your interest in the position (in Georgian or English).
The deadline for submission of applications is September 8, 2019. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Depending on the desired office location, please indicate “Internship - Tbilisi”, “Internship - Batumi”, “Internship - Kutaisi”, “Internship - Zugdidi”, “Internship – Akhaltsikhe” or “Internship – Telavi in the subject line of the email.