Vacancy for Editorial Intern in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 09.03.2020
We are currently looking for an Editorial Intern, willing to learn about the editorial cycle of such magazine and provide assistance in various tasks linked to the publication in support to the Deputy Editor-in-Chief, the Editorial Assistant, and the Communications and Outreach Manager.
The Green European Foundation (GEF) is a European-level political foundation funded by the European Parliament. GEF is affiliated to the European Green Party and active in political education projects on European issues.
- Proofreading and editing articles and interviews for the magazine
- Publishing articles and interviews online and general website updates
- Liaising with contributors, translators and service providers
- Assisting with practical and administrative tasks (for example, archive, events, post)
- Providing conceptual input and helping to identify content and authors
- Supporting the magazine’s communications and outreach
The Editorial Intern’s work will primarily work with the Green European Journal, but occasional assistance may be required for other projects of the Green European Foundation.
Criteria and desired experience:
- Native level of English (additional languages are an asset)
- Experience in writing and editing
- Experience in online publishing and social media
- Attention to detail
- Organisational skills and the ability to follow several tracks of work in parallel
- Comfortable in a political and intercultural environment
- Interest in green politics, ideas and movements and commitment to GEF’s mission and team values (solidarity, respect, openness, sustainability and autonomy)
- Familiarity with EU politics and institutions
- Availability for occasional travel and work outside regular office hours
The Green European Foundation offers:
- A full-time (38h/week) placement on a “convention d’immersion professionelle” (Belgian paid internship framework) with limited duration (6 months, with the possibility of extension to end 2020).
- An open, positive and engaging working atmosphere in an international environment with connections to other publications and European organisations
- A working and learning experience adapted to the intern’s skills and interests
Start date: Mid-April 2020
Office location: Brussels, Belgium
Please find the full vacancy on our website: https://gef.eu/event/vacancy-editorial-intern/
How to apply:
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by attachment to an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org until 25 March 2020, midnight CET, attention of Jamie Kendrick, Deputy Editor in chief.
- The application must include a CV and cover letter outlining the motivation for this position at GEF, both comprised in a single pdf document which includes the first and last name of the candidate as document name. The email title must mention the position applied for.
- In case of questions, please do not hesitate to send an e-mail to email@example.com.
*GEF strives to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity and to non-discrimination for all applicants. We value diversity regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.