Vacancy for Administrative and Communications Intern in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 10.03.2020
The Global Enabling Sustainability Initiative (GeSI) was created in 2001 to further sustainable development in the ICT sector. GeSI brings together leading ICT companies – including telecommunications service providers and manufacturers as well as industry associations – and non-governmental organisations committed to achieving sustainability objectives through innovative technology. Through its unique membership, GeSI fosters global and open cooperation, informs the public of its members’ voluntary actions to improve their sustainability performance, and promotes technologies that foster sustainable development. Further information about GeSI is available at www.gesi.org.
2. The Internship
The GeSI Secretariat is seeking to fill the post of an Intern. Based in Brussels, the role will be responsible for assisting the Junior Analyst and CEO with the daily management of GeSI’s activity programme and administrative affairs. Specific tasks will include:
- Assisting with the day-to-day activities (e.g. arranging meetings and conference calls, preparing participants lists and meetings minutes, and editing position papers and other documents);
- Updating the GeSI website, social media platforms and writing blog posts, reporting back on its usage to the GeSI Executive Director and members;
- Monitoring policy developments of relevance to GeSI and reporting back to the GeSI CEO and members (e.g. carrying out short research on selected topics);
- Building and maintaining relationships with outside stakeholders and GeSI members (arranging meetings with EU officials and other stakeholders, attending selected meetings and conference calls);
- Providing support with the organisation of GeSI events.
The internship is 6 months full-time, starting in April. GeSI provides a stipend of €800 per month.
GeSI is able to provide suitable motivated candidates with a first class working environment, access to key decision makers across one of the world’s most dynamic and progressive industries, and a valuable experience for a future career in public affairs, international organisations or in the ICT industry. In return, we are looking for a candidate who matches the selection criteria outlined below.
- A good team player with strong interpersonal skills – must be highly collaborative and able to work with a diverse range of individuals;
- Proven experience in communications and office administration
- Enthusiastic, pro-active and capable of working on one’s own initiative;
- Keen interest in sustainability issues;
- A background in development studies, environmental science or sustainability is ideal;
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of French. Knowledge of Dutch is desirable;
- Experience working in the ICT industry or the EU institutions is a major plus;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Constant Contact/Mailchimp. Knowledge in Photoshop is a plus;
- Eligible to work in the EU.
3. How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter to Ms. Kaoru INOUE, quoting “GeSI Internship” in the subject line. Deadline for applications is 27 March. All applications will be treated in confidence.
Ms. Kaoru INOUE
c/o Scotland House Rond Point Schuman 6 B-1040 Brussels, Belgium