Call for Applications: Kundiman Communications Intern Summer 2020Internships 16.03.2020
Deadline: April 6, 2020
Commitment: 15 hours per week
Duration: May 5, 2020 – August 31, 2020
Kundiman is seeking a Communications intern. This is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience with an organization that supports writing communities and the literary arts.
The Communications intern helps to support Kundiman's programs by disseminating information through our website, emails, e-blasts, social media channels, brochures, and press releases. The Communications intern reports to the Programs & Communications Manager and to the Executive Director. They must be based within commuting distance from NYC to attend events and/or meetings, but most of the internship will be conducted remotely.
We’re looking for candidates with:
- An interest in Asian American writers and literature
- A desire to work within a community of writers and arts workers
- Alignment with Kundiman's mission and core values
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communications skills, including the ability to draft warm, professional, and timely emails, write clear and informative copy, and create compelling graphics. All communications should be free of grammar and usage errors and should follow professional conventions
- The ability to work independently, as well as with others, manage time, and meet deadlines
- An attention to detail
- Drafting copy for e-blasts, website, and other promotional materials
- Implementing Kundiman’s publicity plan across traditional and social media platforms
- Attending NYC programs and helping to create a digital archive of the program
- Other tasks reasonably requested by Kundiman
Through Submittable, please send us a cover letter telling us why you think this position is right for you, and what you hope to add to and learn from the Kundiman community. Please also include a resume and two references with your application.