Vacancy for Trainee - Cybersecurity & Innovation in Brussels, BelgiumInternships 17.03.2020
EBF. Work Where It All Happens.
The EBF - the European Banking Federation - works at the heart of the European banking sector. Our daily activities are determined by the dynamics between European integration, finance, public policy and the digital revolution. It is our job to bring together 32 national banking associations in Europe and represent some 3,500 banks – large and small, wholesale and retail, local and international.
We act as a platform for representation and for a constructive exchange of ideas and expertise between banks, regulators, supervisors and other entities that drive the innovation and sustainability of the banking sector. As a team we tend to aim higher and learn, work and deliver together in an informal, impact-driven manner.
We are recruiting a full-time trainee on Cybersecurity & Innovation to support the work of the Cybersecurity & Innovation team.
In this role you will find yourself working in an ambitious team active in a sector critical for companies and households in Europe.
At EBF, we take trainees seriously. That means you will be a full-fledged member of the EBF team as we navigate EU and international financial regulations, delivering effective engagement with EU policy makers and intelligence on key policy areas affecting one of the EU’s biggest industries. With your finger on the pulse of EU and digital developments, an enthusiasm for hard work and an ambition to build your experience in banking services, this could be the role for you.
In your daily work, you will be:
- Monitoring policy and regulatory developments on digital innovation and cybersecurity and report to the relevant policy advisers and EBF Members;
- Searching for key information, analysing relevant documents and conducting researches on specific issues;
- Organising meetings with bank representatives and policy makers, preparing agendas and helping advisers to steer the meetings towards agreed conclusions;
- Helping organising events and attending conferences and public hearings when necessary;
- Preparing and communicating high-quality and concisely articulated materials for internal and external audiences; including policy briefings in preparation and coordination of meetings and events;
- Maintaining constructive relationships with key stakeholders.
Need to have
- A strong passion for Europe, EU Affairs;
- An upbeat, positive personality with the drive to get things done together;
- An academic background in Law or Political administration or other relevant field of studies with an interest in developing experience in the banking sector, knowledge related to data protection and cybersecurity will be considered an asset;
- EU citizenship (with the necessary permits to work throughout the EU);
- Strong analytical and organisational abilities, combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- An excellent command of English (oral and written, native speaker level).
Nice to have
- Previous internship experience within an EU or international institution.
- 1 May 2020
- Paid internship: convention of professional immersion (six months);
- You will be working at the heart of the organisation’s advocacy, helping to represent the EBF and wider industry on a broad range of issues that are crucial to our member banks and the wider EU economy;
- Excellent networking opportunities;
- Great learning opportunities within a collaborative, dynamic and international team.
How to apply
Please send your curriculum vitae with a letter of motivation to EBF Recruitment at email address: email@example.com
Deadline: 2 April 2020
Disclaimer: Please note that, due to high interest in positions at the EBF, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you have not heard from us before 31 May 2020, you may assume that we will not move your application forward. We really appreciate your interest in working with us and wish you best of luck in your search. Thank you for your understanding.