Vacancy for Programme Officer in Prague, CzechiaJobs 09.12.2017
The Prague Civil Society Centre is seeking an exceptional candidate to join as a Programme Officer.
Position & Responsibilities
We are hiring a Programme Officer to join our Innovation & Communication Programme.
The position is a full-time role based in our office in Prague.
The Programme Officer will join the Centre’s Innovation and Communications team, running projects (international hackathons, workshops and conferences) which help activists in Eastern Europe and Central Asia use technology, visual story-telling and connections with creative professionals to establish stronger links with their communities. The Programme Officer will also contribute to the Centre’s overall strategy, share their knowledge and expertise in relevant areas, suggest new ideas for initiatives, and monitor and evaluate the Centre’s ongoing projects.
Specifically, the Programme Officer will:
- Develop & organise capacity-building activities and public events (internships, residencies, online and offline training courses, workshops, hackathons, conferences, coaching sessions, study trips, etc.)
- Contribute to the organisation’s strategy by drafting concept notes for new initiatives and actively participate in planning sessions
- Write & evaluate project proposals
- Write project reports
- Track political developments in the region and the main local players, in order to inform the Centre’s strategy
- Represent the Centre at relevant meetings and international events
- Build and maintain relationships with like-minded international and regional organisations
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in international affairs, political/social sciences, international development, human rights, relevant area studies/languages or another related field
- At least three years experience in relevant civil society work, or experience in IT, marketing or communications with a focus on civil society issues
- An in-depth understanding of political issues and trends in Eastern Europe and Central Asia (former Soviet Union)
- A general understanding of closed societies, civil society issues, and familiarity with civil society networks and individual activists in the region
- In-country experience in Eastern Europe or Central Asia preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Russian. Knowledge of other languages in the region is an asset
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office
- High degree of organisation and initiative
- Experience with programmatic and financial management, and reporting is an asset
- Ability to travel in the countries of Eastern Europe and Central Asia
- Excellent interpersonal skills
How to apply
The role is full-time (40 hours per week). The position comes with a competitive salary and 25 days of annual leave.
Interested candidates should send their CV (2 pages max) and motivation letter (1 page max) in English to email@example.com by 10 January 2018. Please clearly state “Programme Officer” in the subject line.
Unfortunately, due to the expected number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will contacted. Interviews will be held in January 2018