Vacancy for Programme Assistant in Budapest, HungaryJobs 20.12.2017
Call for Applications – Programme Assistant
Deadline for application: 15 January 2018
The Tom Lantos Institute is looking for qualified applicants for the position of Programme Assistant for TLI’s Jewish life and Antisemitism programme. The position is part time (24-28 hours/week) and it is based in Budapest. This is an entry-level position.
- Project support (80%)
- Project administration, supporting the work of Programme Manager for Jewish Life and Antisemitism;
- Event organisation including catering, accommodation, travel;
- Communication (20%)
- Managing programme-related website and social media posts (in Hungarian and English)
Required qualifications and skills:
- At least a graduate degree in management, public administration, international relations, social science or any other related field;
- Hungarian to the level of native speaker, fluent in spoken and written English;
- Advanced computer skills (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, database, etc);
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure;
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team;
- Interest and experience in the field of human rights, minority rights, Jewish studies, Jewish community work or research on antisemitism is desirable.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates should send the following application materials:
- CV in English;
- letter of interest (in English, maximum 500 words);
- contact details for two referees (previous supervisors, employers, university lecturers).
Application materials should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
***The deadline for application is 15 January 2018***
Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
Short-listed candidates will be notified within two weeks after the deadline.
Candidates should preferably start working no later than early February 2018 or as soon as possible.
The Tom Lantos Institute is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender balance. We particularly encourage candidates from minorities to apply.