Vacancy for Project Operations Manager in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 24.12.2017
Equals is looking for a Project Operations Manager (10 months)
Come and work with us!
The team at Equals are very happy to have been offered funding for our first larger-scale project, which we have been shaping for a few months and are pretty excited about. The project will last for 10-months from mid-January 2018, is based on the publication of a book with supporting side events, and will be fairytale-themed….
We are looking for a freelance Project Operations Manager to work with a supervisor from the Equals team to implement the project and help to bring it to life just as we have imagined it over the last few months. Details are below. Any questions, please get in touch with us on email@example.com or via our Facebook page
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR….
The Project Operations manager will be responsible for coordinating and managing the implementation of Equals’ ‘Casur Qizlar’ project on a project-based basis over a 10-month period beginning in early 2018. The successful candidate will commit an average of 3 days per week over the period (with some flexibility for fewer/more hours over quieter or busier periods) to manage the delivery of content for the book, coordinate events and manage the project, working alongside a supervisor from the Equals founding team.
The project involves the curation, preparation and publication of a children's’ book, guided by the concept formulated by the Equals team, which is designed to help combat early childhood gender stereotypes in traditional ‘fairy tales’ and empower young girls to be ‘superheroes rather than princesses’.
Areas of responsibility
- Identify and secure authors and illustrators to contribute to the book, and curate entries, with the assistance of the Project Supervisor.
- Plan and coordinate 9 small-scale side events to be held over the period of mid-January to October 2018.
- Ensure that all deadlines from the project timeline are met in line with Action Plan.
- Manage the project budget, with the assistance of a part-time financial assistant.
- Procurement of external services and managing relationships with external contractors (authors, illustrators, editors, photographers, venue representatives, printers, designers, etc.)
- Promote the project proactively and creatively through Equals’ social media channels
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Passion for gender equality, women’s empowerment and combating early childhood stereotypes, and for engaging all possible stakeholders in the fight for gender equality - both male and female.
- Fluent Azerbaijani and English language skills.
- Very good organisational skills, particularly in keeping track of and curating project documentation, and sharing it with the relevant people.
- Proven experience in small-scale project management, including reporting to donors, budget management, and managing stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to use (or learn to use) basic collaborative project management platforms, such as Slack or similar.
- Ease in using various social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, etc.) for project promotion. Experience as a social media manager is desirable.
- Ease with using basic online software packages, including - Canva, Piktochart, Google Docs, Excel/Google Sheets.
- Excellent attention to detail and delivery of high quality work.
- Ability to work independently, resolve problems on-the-go, and use own initiative in managing project activities.
● A Project Supervisor from the Equals team, who will support you with guidance on the overall project, and in identifying appropriate resources. Weekly meetings (online/offline) will be held over the project period to ‘check in’ on project progress and coordinate workloads.
Our new colleague will join a passionate team and as part of a young initiative looking to “do” women’s empowerment a little differently, and to make real impact
You will have the opportunity to work in a flexible working environment and to be self-directed, often working at distance. However, space will be made available to work physically alongside the supervising team where necessary, and to help support project management.
Other factors to take into account
The Operations Manager should be available to be more flexible with hours during the ‘peak period’ of the project, when workshops are held. This will fall around April-June 2018.
Over the 10 months of the project, the Project Operations Manager will receive AZN 480 monthly (final approved amount TBC very soon) , on a flexible 3-day per week basis
NB. the candidate should have a VOEN (Tax ID) account in order to receive the payment, and as a freelancer will be responsible for paying their own tax contributions.
HOW TO APPLY….
To apply, please use the following form to tell us a little about yourself: http://bit.ly/2BVFsUy and separately separately send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading 'Project Operations Manager role'.
Deadline: 10 January 2018.
We look forward to hearing from you!