Vacancy for Principal Safety & Risk Engineer in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 09.07.2017
Job Title: Principal Safety & Risk Engineer
Location: Baku, Azerbaijan
Purpose of Job
The Senior Electrical engineer shall have the ability to lead electrical designers, electrical engineers whilst designing Oil and Gas electrical systems and ensure the design is in accordance with IP / IEC / NEC codes of practice and relevant engineering specifications. The Senior Electrical engineer shall have adequate experience to adopt practical approaches to resolving all engineering and design problems and be familiar with the requirements/interactions of other engineering and design disciplines.
- Prepare and check engineering and design deliverables in accordance with defined design brief, scope of work, schedule and budget.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert, working proactively and collaboratively with other team members to resolve
technical issues, complete discipline activities and meet project goals.
- Manage project change, proactively working with the team to resolve issues.
- Ensure technical integrity, consistency and quality of work carried out is in accordance with project SEAL requirements, applicable codes and standards, company procedures and the basis of design or statement of requirements.
- To consult to the Safety & Risk design team on a project, to assist the Project Lead Safety & Risk
- Engineer in checking Safety & Risk deliverables, and to advise on safeguarding and optimisation issues.
- To work with the design team to develop practical and economic designs to achieve the project objectives.
- To act as stand-in and perform the functions of the Lead Safety & Risk Engineer, when required.
- To prepare the discipline Project Design Criteria prior to the commencement of engineering activities.
- To prepare a Safety and Sustainability in Design Context Statement translating the project safety and sustainability risks into discipline specific design goals, then use this context statement to induct new discipline personnel onto the project.
- To specify and select appropriate equipment to allow the project to develop a practical and economic design.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Corporate Membership of IChemE is an advantage
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of ten years of experience specifically in Safety & Risk design
- Minimum of eight years specifically in Safety & Risk design in Oil & Gas Industry
- Minimum of two years in Principal roles in design teams.
- Be capable of checking complex firewater steady state and Transient Pipenet models produced by others.
- Be sufficiently familiar with PHAST, HAZMap and FlareSim to check inputs and perform basic interpretation of the outputs.
To apply please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Principal Safety & Risk Engineer” in a subject field.
Only candidates who match requirements above will be contacted by recruitment team.