Vacancy for Senior Civil & Structural Engineer in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 09.07.2017
Job Title: Senior Civil & Structural Engineer
Location: Baku, Azerbaijan
Purpose of Job
The Senior Civil / Structural Engineer shall have the ability to carry out theengineering analysis and design of Civil and Structural systems of Oil and Gas projects. This includes projects, such as, buildings, roads & drainage, river crossings, Pipe racks, Pipe supports, Sleepers, Structures and above ground facilities, temporary structures The Senior Civil /Structural Engineer will ensure the design is in accordance with the applicable internationally recognised project approved codes of practice and BP engineering
specifications, using analysis computer software’s such as STAADPro, MATHCAD, manual calculations and experience, sufficient knowledge in NAVISWORK, AUTOCAD etc. The Senior Engineer shall have adequate experience to adopt a practical approach to engineering/design for remediation works and be familiar with the requirements/interactions of other engineering and design disciplines.
Key Job Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Working safely and reporting any HSSE or Quality concerns to immediate supervisor
- Understand the project and provide input that delivers quality deliverables
- Coordination, Design, Analysis and implementation of Civil / Structural engineering activities.
- Responsible for safe working practices both personally and for the Civil / Structural engineers and designers
in the team.
- Responsible for personal safety and safe working practices. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
- Develop positive client, contractor/sub-contractor and project relationships.
- Provide input to the construction management of pipeline remediation works.
- Review and checking of the technical content of 3rd party equipment packages and structural
- Technical support and input to the procurement team with regards to any packages ordered for civil and structural materials.
- Reviews of bid documents from EPC Contractors and preparation of evaluation reports.
- Prepare Scope of Work,
- Respond site queries
Essential Skills& Experience:
- Relevant Degree in Engineering
- Approximately 10 years, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior engineering position in the hydrocarbons sectors.
- Experience in design and engineering to minimize field installation and commissioning activities.
- Capable of assessing conceptual solutions to civil and structural engineering problems and improvements within the social and economic constraints.
- Experience and knowledge of using analysis tools such as SACS, STAAD Pro, Mathcad, etc…
- Develop optimum solutions for heavy lifts, transportation of equipment to remote work areas,
- repairs to river crossings.
- Knowledge and experience in the engineering of structural supports for vessels, packaged
- equipment, large rotating equipment and pipelines.
- Field experience in installation and construction activities to reduce installation time and reduce
- risks for safety during execution.
- Experience in checking isomeric drawings and ensuring structural supports requirements are
To apply please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Senior Civil & Structural Engineer” in a subject field.
Only candidates who match requirements above will be contacted by recruitment team.