Vacancy for Programme Officer in Brussels, BelgiumJobs 26.09.2017
Programme Officer – International Development
Deadline: October 8, 2017
Cooperative enterprises enable people around the world to become protagonists of their own social and economic development. The ICA-EU partnership programme ‘Cooperatives in Development – People-centred businesses in action’ will work on promoting the cooperative business model in global, regional and local development policies, and strengthening cooperative organisations as viable actors in development processes in their own rights. This programme runs from March 2016 to September 2020.
The Programme Officer will be responsible for the tracking and development of EU development cooperation call for proposals and project opportunities in view of promoting the cooperative movement world-wide. S/he will work in close cooperation with the ICA-EU partnership team and report directly to the International Development Director.
The main role of the Programme Officer is to identify emerging opportunities of EU funding with EuropeAid, contribute to design and develop project concept notes, draft programs for formal member collaboration and follow the EU development and cooperation instruments and financial mechanisms.
Key responsibilities are:
- Screen EU funding opportunities, and other funding on international development cooperation for member organisations
- Elaborate concepts for project proposals with targeted development agencies and institutions
- Monitor members’ applications and provide regular updates on progress and success rates to define areas for quality improvement
- Support setting up of partnerships
- Provide assistance to grant seeking and receiving for member organizations, and as necessary, direct them to other resources for organizational development, funding, programing, etc.
- Represent Cooperatives Europe at relevant EU development and cooperation review meetings on development programs and project implementation
PLEASE SEE FOR PERSON SPECIFICATIONS AND FULL INFORMATION IN THE FILE BELOW
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Starting date is as soon as possible.
Located at the Cooperative House Europe (Brussels, Belgium).
Interested candidates are asked to apply by submitting the filled in application form below and a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention in the email subject your name followed by ‘Programme Officer’.Deadline for applications is the 8th of October 2017. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.