Vacancy for Construction & Sustainability Manager in Brussels, BelgiumJobs 03.12.2018
Cerame-Unie Aisbl (CU) is the European Ceramic Industry Association. Based in Brussels since 1962, it is the voice of the European ceramic industry to the EU institutions. The European ceramic industry accounts for a total annual turnover of €31 billion and generates over 200,000 direct jobs. At the EU level, the industry is involved in policy debates in the fields of environment and health, energy & climate change, construction, international trade, internal market, and research and innovation.
- Develop and implement advocacy strategies in the fields of sustainable construction;
- Proactively represent Cerame-Unie across relevant institutions, organisations, alliances, and other platforms;
- Work closely with other colleagues responsible for construction ceramics (bricks and roof tiles, ceramic tiles, clay pipes, expanded clay, and sanitaryware);
- Support colleagues in the co-ordination of working groups related to sustainable construction (covering sustainable building, environmental performance indicators, circular economy, energy efficiency of buildings, etc);
- Co-ordination of the activities of the sanitaryware sector with support from colleagues on non-construction related issues.
- Higher education degree - technical background or environmental engineer, or experience demonstrating similar competences;
- Relevant experience in the construction sector (knowledge of standardisation, experience related to sustainable construction, environment performance of buildings, etc);
- Minimum three years of relevant experience;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Other languages are a plus;
- Ability to autonomously implement advocacy strategies related to construction & sustainability and to develop and maintain a strong network in this field;
- A dynamic personality, flexible, capable of working in a small team, well organised and able to work for a trade association in an international environment.
Interested candidates should send us at the latest on 31 December 2018 their curriculum vitae and a letter of motivation indicating their availability to start to: email@example.com