Vacancy for RawMatCop Manager in Berlin, GermanyJobs 03.12.2018
EIT RawMaterials unites more than 120 partners from leading industry, universities and research institutions from more than 20 EU countries. Partners of EIT RawMaterials are active across the entire raw materials value chain; from exploration, mining and mineral processing to substitution, recycling and circular economy. They collaborate on finding new, innovative solutions to secure the supplies and improve the raw materials sector in Europe.
There are six regional Innovation Hubs in Belgium, Finland, France, Italy, Poland and Sweden, called Co-Location Centres (CLCs) that represent different regional ecosystems connecting industry, research and education.
EIT RawMaterials aims to significantly enhance innovation in the raw materials sector by sharing knowledge, facilitating matchmaking activities, developing innovative technologies and supporting business creation.
EIT RawMaterials will generate a significant impact on European competitiveness and employment by driving and fostering innovation and empowering students, entrepreneurs and education partners driving towards the circular economy. This will result in the introduction of innovative and sustainable products, processes and services, as well as talented people that will deliver increased economic, environmental and social sustainability to the European society.
Through the European Commission [DG for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs; Space Data and Societal Challenges and Growth/Space Policy, Copernicus and Defence], EIT RawMaterials has been awarded a grant for ‘Building skills and earth observation related expertise through Copernicus, the RawMatCop programme.
RawMatCop was launched in 2017 and aims to develop skills, expertise, demonstrations, and applications of Copernicus data to the raw materials sector. Concretely, RawMatCop will investigate how Copernicus / Earth Observation data and services can be applied to create solutions to raw materials challenges through post-doctoral research projects and academic placement projects carried out by partners of EIT RawMaterials.
The RawMATCop Programme is composed of four interlinked activities:
Post-doctoral research scholarship projects: Applied projects to develop new skills and expertise in the use of Earth observation in the raw materials sector.
Placement projects: Facilitation of skills and technology transfers from academics to end-users through funded placements in which skilled Earth observation/Copernicus data researchers are hosted by industry and public authorities
RawMATCop short courses: Lifelong learning and training courses for demonstrating, disseminating and teaching and training skills and utilization of Earth observation data to professionals and existing/potential end-users.
User-forum event: Larger user-forum/conference aimed at exchanging experience and skills on the use of Earth observation data, especially Copernicus data, and at technology transfer and future development/integration of earth observation data and applications with new technologies, products and services.
To learn more about the RawMatCop Programme visit: https://eitrawmaterials.eu/eit-rm-academy/rawmatcop/
Your mission and responsibilities:
Under the overall framework of the EIT RawMaterials and its RawMaterials Academy, the RawMatCop programme seeks a RawMatCop Manager who will:
Coordinate the RawMatCop programme. This will include RawMatCop programme implementation, coordination of the post-doctoral and placement research projects, and ensuring alignment to EIT RawMaterials strategic objectives, together with the Head of Academy.
Dissemination and visibility of RawMatCop. Awareness raising and increasing visibility of the RawMatCop programme and its results within the raw materials and Earth Observation communities.
Specifically, the RawMatCop Managerwill carry out the following tasks and duties:
- Manage and coordinate the overall execution of the RawMatCop Programme
- Communicate with relevant stakeholders (Copernicus Academy, EO4GEO, et al), sponsors (DG GROW, Copernicus) and EIT RawMaterials partners involved or interested in the RawMatCop Programme
- Manage, organize and coordinate the Call for research and academic placement proposals and evaluations related to the RawMatCop Programme and ensure that the call is disseminated and promoted widely within the EIT RawMaterials community
- Coordinate and communicate with participants and beneficiaries of the RawMatCop Programme ensuring programme plans and results are being delivered in time at a high-quality, as well as facilitate synergies and cooperation amongst the RawMatCop beneficiaries
- Link and promote RawMatCop to key Earth Observation and raw materials initiatives and stakeholders, at industrial and governmental levels
- Develop and implement a strategy for branding, dissemination and outreach of the RawMatCop Programme, together with the Head of Academy, to significantly increase its profile and visibility both within EIT RawMaterials and within the Earth Observation community in Europe:
- Internal communication. Establish and maintain common platforms for communication flow between the RawMatCop post-doctoral researchers and academic placements (beneficiaries). Internal communication also includes raising visibility of RawMatCop within the EIT RawMaterials staff and the EIT RawMaterials partners
- External communication. Participation and visibility of RawMatCop programme, research/academic projects and results at key events and conferences in the raw materials and Earth Observation communities, as well as overall management of the communication on the RawMatCop website
- Manage the general progress of the RawMatCop Programme, ensuring results are delivered on time at a high-quality
- Develop and deliver RawMatCop reporting (progress and financial) to DG GROW, as per the outline and deadlines in the grant agreement
- Provide administrative guidance and instructions to post-doctoral researchers and academic placements of the RawMatCop Programme
- Coordinate and participate in events, workshops and internal meetings under the RawMatCop Programme
The successful RawMatCop Managerwill have the following profile:
- Proven track-record in programme and project management of minimum 3 years
- Ability to work in a dynamic, decentralized partner organization
- Is self-driven, able to work independently and make sound judgements
- Track-record in organizing events and meetings, including facilitation of discussions to clear results and actions
- Strong communication skills and ability to prepare and present to different target groups and audiences
- Fluency in written and spoken English (C2-level)
- Willingness to travel to to partners, conferences and events in Europe.
- Project management experience in European- funded projects and programmes
- A scientific background with knowledge of Earth observation, remote sensing, geoinformatics and/or raw materials-related disciplines.
The post holder will work closely with EIT RawMaterials’ Education Team and will report to the Head of Academy.
The RawMatCop Manager will be employed by EIT RawMaterials GmbH in Berlin. The position will be full time (40 hours per week), limited by two years with possibility for further extention, starting date as early as possible in 2019.
For further information about EIT RawMaterials, see: http://eitrawmaterials.eu/.
Application deadline: 31 December 2018, 00h00 CET.
Please submit your application here - https://eitrawmaterials.eu/about-us/careers/
We encourage diversity in our team!