Vacancy for Development Manager in Paris, FranceJobs 10.12.2018
Forus (formerly the International Forum of National NGO Platforms - IFP / FIP) represents more than 22,000 organisations and brings together 69 national development NGO platforms and 7 regional coalitions in Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Pacific.
Forus’ purpose is to contribute to the strengthening of national NGO platforms in their own countries, to facilitate regional cooperation and to allow national civil society stakeholders to play an active role in international debate, particularly in relation to achieving the 2030 Development Agenda.
To respond to the increasing ambitions of the network, Forus’ executive team will be reinforced. We are thus looking for a dynamic, motivated and creative person to join us as Development Manager, working closely with the Director and staff of Forus, its Council and national and regional members. This is a unique opportunity to innovate and strengthen Forus and its members’ impact, within a multicultural environment and decentralized team.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Provide support to the Director and Executive Committee (ExCom) in the development and implementation of the overall strategy of Forus, based on Forus’ Council and General Assembly’s orientations, and in collaboration with the Forus team.
- Facilitate the participation of the member organizations in the Forus network.
- Oversee and steer the fundraising activities of Forus.
- Organise the monitoring and reporting of activities of the Secretariat, in line with the mission and vision of Forus, in an effective and efficient manner.
- Support the effective functioning of governance structures.
Membership & Coordination
- Ensure strong relationships with members (playing an active personal role in this) and foster their active participation in Forus in accordance with their diverse needs and capacities.
- Maintain and spread awareness of the members’ activities, achievements, challenges and priorities, within the Secretariat and the network, through continuous close communications with them.
- Promote and support effective collaboration between the Secretariat and the members.
- Assess the needs, identify and implement a comprehensive database and ensure its regular updates.
- Ensure that the Secretariat is adequately resourced to fulfill its objectives and steer the fundraising activities, in close collaboration with the Director, the Administrative & Financial Manager, as well as with the ExCom.
- Identify possible new donors and coordinate the fundraising activities.
- Coordinate the production of progress reports to donors.
Functioning of the Secretariat
- Develop organizational structures and capacities for continuous improvement in the quality and professionalism of all operations with the active participation of the Administrative & Financial Manager.
- Organise the monitoring of activities of the Secretariat and ensure regular progress reporting.
- Support the administrative & financial management and audit lead by the Treasurer and the Administrative & Financial Manager.
- Lead the Accountability& Transparency processes within the organization.
- Support in preparing the General Assemblies and Council meetings.
- In charge of the accountability of governance within the organization.
- Support the reporting on the progress and functioning of the program of work to the ExCom, Council and the General Assembly.
- When mandated by the ExCom or the Director, represent Forus with external stakeholders.
Qualification and Experience
Skills and knowledge
- Master’s degree in International Development, Organizational Development or related field.
Technical Skills/Expertise :
- Commitment to Forus’ mission, vision and values with good understanding of global development issues, and understanding of the socio-cultural, historical, political and economic global context.
- Proven fundraising record with institutional and private international funders.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate with key internal and external stakeholders at a national and international level.
- Understanding of financial management, budget planning and budget execution.
- Ability to galvanize a network of NGOs.
- Experience co-organising public events and conferences.
Minimum Professional Experience required :
- At least 5 years of working experience in an international NGO working in the field of development or equivalent, including specific experience in a coordination role as well as fundraiser.
- Demonstrated experience and skills of working with diverse stakeholders, and facilitating platforms of cooperation, networking, building partnerships and alliances.
- Proficient English, French and Spanish in speaking and writing. Knowledge of Portuguese would be a plus.
Personal qualities/interpersonal skills :
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with others and towards shared objectives in a decentralized team.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Ability to proactively seek and provide feedback, strong emotional intelligence.
- Ability to organize own work and manage own time and interact with a decentralized team.
- Ability to clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to the members in manner that engage them and allow them to better participate in Forus’ work.
- Ability to generate innovative solutions, being creative and taking risks.
- Ability to work under pressure and towards tight deadlines maintaining effective performance.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with governments and civil society partners.
Conditions of employment:
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Permanent position
- Location: Paris (preferably) or World (with the possibility to be in Paris for a significant induction period - 3-6 months). International travelling is to be foreseen
- Full time
- Salary will depend on experience.
- Please send your CV (in French or English) and cover letter including 3 references and salary expectations, to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by January 10, 2019 .
- If the CV is in English, then please send a cover letter in French or vice versa.
- Please include the position (Development Manager) plus your name in the title of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews can be conducted face to face or by Skype, in French, English and Spanish.
Forus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals from developing countries are strongly encouraged to apply.