Vacancy for National Project Assistant in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 25.01.2018
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is looking for
National Project Assistant in Baku, Azerbaijan
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member countries are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence
DURATION: 11 months (with possibility of extension)
Deadline For Application: 07.02.2018
Reports to: Melek Cakmak, Head of Office
Tasks and responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative (FAOR) in Azerbaijan, operational supervision of Assistant FAOR and Program/Operations Officer and in close collaboration with the staff of the Office, technical experts and project personnel (national and international consultants and counterparts), the Program Assistant will:
- Support implementation of designated projects;
- Liaise between FAO, the national project teams and the respective beneficiary ministries and institutions;
- Liaise with National Project Coordinator for daily follow up and coordination of the project’s implementation
- Assist in all administrative duties and financial management of program, following FAO standard procedures and requirements;
- Assist in the implementation of project’s activities according to the approved workplan;
- Assist in the timely implementation of procurement actions and contracts according to FAO procedures;
- Provide administrative support for the arrangements for workshops, trainings, seminars, recruitment of national consultants, and organization of field days as required according to the workplan;
- Provide administrative support for field missions;
- Support in overall monitoring of programme through providing necessary inputs on a regular basis;
- Facilitate communication between FAO and government institutions, donors, partners using or translating from/into local language when necessary;
- Prepare draft minutes of meetings and finalize them through collecting inputs in a timely manner;
- Perform other duties as required;
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree on agronomy, economics, MBA, environmental or social sciences, international relations or from relevant departments
- Fluency in written and spoken in English and Azerbaijani; Russian will be asset.
- 2 years of working experience in similar assignments (project/program management)
FAO Core Competencies:
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
- All applications will be reviewed and qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the iRecruitment website at http://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/ and complete your online profile. When you go to the website please choose “Access to professional vacancies”.
When you go to the website please choose “Access to professional vacancies”.
Once you done online profile please send the document to FAOAZ-HR@fao.org email address
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date. No application submitted after deadline will be accepted.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: iRecruitment@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT!