Vacancy for Head of Strategic Project Management Department in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 14.07.2018
SOCAR AQS LLC is a fast growing integrated drilling and well services provider. The company is expanding its activities in onshore and offshore drilling in the Caspian region and internationally.
SOCAR AQS LLC is committed to developing a world-class modern drilling entity adhering to the highest HSE and technological standards of international oil industry.
The company is currently looking for highly-motivated, competent candidates, who display exemplary safety behavior and the highest standards of work ethics, to fill the following vacancy:
Head of Strategic Project Management Department
Employment Type: Full time, 8-hour, Monday-Friday
Developing and leading the Strategic Project Management department (SPM), establishing the organization’s approach to the full life cycle of projects, ensuring the SPM meets performance targets.
Project Management Governance:
- Establish the Strategic Project Management department role and operating model (e.g. centralized or decentralized, areas of focus).
- Set standards for project management capabilities, including certifications and qualifications for Project Managers and Projects Reporting Manager success measurement criteria, methodologies, tools to be used, etc.
- Nurture project management practitioners and share knowledge of industry best practices.
- Develop policies and standards and monitor compliance.
Project Management Team Leadership:
- Establish hiring and managing staffing requirements in line with project objectives.
- Oversee the delegation of work to Project Managers and Projects Reporting Manager.
- Set annual performance targets for individuals and the team and conduct performance reviews.
Project Tracking and Monitoring:
- Track and provide project status and audit reports.
- Manage the risk, issue and change resolution process, and work with other leaders to take corrective action as needed.
- Oversee Project Managers for the delivery of projects on time, within scope and on budget.
- Provide executive leaders with the information needed to assess which proposals have the highest potential value, impact and strategic alignment.
- Interface with executives to define project priorities and implementation opportunities and challenges, and keep them up-to-date with project risks and opportunities.
Qualifications / Experience / Competencies:
- Postgraduate degree in Business/Business Administration (MBA)
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Agile Project Management Practices - CSM or PSM Certified (desirable, but not mandatory)
- 5 years of experience as Project Manager/Coordinator.
- 5 years of experience in managerial position for a team of at least 10 people.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to use computer software programs (e.g., Microsoft Office and Project Management tools).
- Expert-level knowledge of project and change management and associated methodologies, techniques, processes and approaches (e.g. Project and Portfolio Management Methodology – PPM)
- Budget, cost and profitability management skills
- Knowledge of resource management tools
- Credibility as a senior-level project leader
- Ability to juggle multiple goals and deadlines in the context of the big picture
- Ability to apply innovativeness and creative approach
Team Leadership and Development:
- Ability to mentor, coach and effectively transfer expertise to others
- Demonstrated effective leadership and team skills
- Ability to develop and apply performance measures
Facilitation, Negotiation and Problem Resolution Skills:
- Ability to build a strong network and relationships at executive levels with technology and solutions, customers and vendor groups
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- English (fluent).
- Azerbaijani and Russian (desirable, but not mandatory)
SOCAR AQS LLC offers safe and stimulating work environment, highly competitive compensation package, training and professional development opportunities, and rapid career progression in a fast growing company.
Interested applicants should submit their credentials via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly indicating in subject line “Head of Strategic Project Management Department”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.