Vacancy for Travel Consultant in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 20.06.2018
Vacancy for Travel Consultant in Baku, Azerbaijan
The brief history of the organization
Eurasia Travel Agency was established under the auspices of the International Eurasia Press Fund (IEPF), an international organization enjoying General Consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC). The Agency started its business operations in March 2017 and at present serves for Azerbaijani tourists and processes growing number of enquiries from international travelers. Among the services provided by the company are: reservation of air ticket, booking of hotels and VIP rooms, car rental and airport transfers, visa support, tour packages for different types of recreational activity, including hiking, wellness tourism, hunting and fishing, and much more.
On the basis of the Travel Agency’s work plan, there is a vacancy to fill for well qualified and dynamic new staff to contribute to the team of experts.
A Sales Consultant & Officer is responsible for creating sales revenue from new and existing customers and maximizing revenue generation within a specific key region. This includes accurately forecasting business and market needs, formulating and implementing sales strategy, and achieving sales targets, while ensuring high customer satisfaction.
In this position you will be responsible for sales methodology and managing the account throughout the sales process including account penetration, sales process planning, negotiation, and closing. Additional responsibilities include understanding market requirements, product capabilities and future industry developments and trends; working with marketing, sales support, and other key departments within the company. The successful candidate must be solution driven.
A sales travel & Tourism officer role is to help people plan, choose and arrange their holiday. They will usually work to a budget set out by whoever is planning the holiday. They also offer advice and opinions on where to go and local tourist attractions, events and customs.
• Prospecting, qualifying, developing, and closing sales opportunities within a defined territory
•Forecasting and tracking of sales opportunities
•Achieving sales targets,
• Understanding industry trends, product capabilities and customer requirements,
• Establishing executive level, long term customer relationship for future cross-sell and up-sell opportunities,
• Ensuring customer satisfaction.
• Promoting and marketing the business, sometimes to new or niche markets;
• Managing budgets and maintaining statistical and financial records;
• Selling travel products and tour packages;
• Sourcing products and destinations to meet consumer demands for bespoke travel and sustainable tourism;
• Taking part in familiarisation visits to new destinations to gather information on issues and amenities of interest to consumers;
• Liaising with travel partners, including airlines and hotels, to manage bookings and schedules, often one year in advance;
• Dealing with customer enquiries and aiming to meet their expectations;
• Overseeing the smooth, efficient running of the business.
• Promoting and marketing the business
• Dealing with customer queries and complaints
• Providing advice about visas or passports
• Selling holidays and insurance
• Meeting profit or sales targets
• Preparing promotional materials and displays.
• Research various destinations and means of travel regarding prices, customs, weather conditions, reviews etc.
• Diagnose the clients’ specifications and wishes and suggest suitable travel packages or services
• Organize travels from beginning to end, through booking tickets and accommodation, securing rental transportation etc.
• Supply travelers with pertinent information and useful travel/holiday material (guides, maps, event programs etc)
• Use promotional techniques and prepare promotional materials to sell itinerary tour packages
• Handle unforeseen problems and complaints and determine eligibility for money returns
• Attend conferences to maintain familiarity with tourism trends
• Create and update electronic records of clients
• Maintain relationships with key persons
• Keep financial statements and documents
• Reach the revenue and profit targets
• Educated to a diploma level in a related field
• 1-3 years sales experience within either the Travel agency / Tourism.
• Proven Track Record in over achieving performance targets
• Demonstrated experience to ensure visibility of the pipeline to sales management for forecasting and business planning
• Proven sales experience, demonstrating a strategic approach in (I) identifying market size and focus; (ii) developing sales pipelines; (iii) penetrating new accounts; and (iv) driving the sales process through the selling environment to close
• Demonstrated initiative; implementing business plans and executing sales initiatives at a senior level
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Fluency in English is compulsory along with one or more of the following languages; Russian, Turkish, Arabic
• Excellent communication skills;
• Diplomacy and tact;
• Commitment to people management;
• Competent IT skills;
• Strong organisational skills;
• Proven working experience as a Travel & Tourism sales consultant
• Excellent knowledge of traveling software (computer reservations systems, GDS systems and e-travel)
• Exemplary sales skills and customer oriented approach
• Well versed in various areas of travel (domestic/international, business/holidays, group/individual etc)
• Candidates with personal travel experience will be preferred
Job Location: Baku, Azerbaijan
Company Industry: Travel Agency / Tourism
Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
Job Role: Sales Employment
Type: Full Time Employee
Monthly Salary Range: Unspecified
Career Level: Mid Career
Years of Experience: Min: 1 Max: 3
Residence Location: Baku, Azerbaijan
Degree: higher diploma
Work graphic: 09:00 - 18:00 / six days a week
Non-working day Sunday
Please submit your online expression of interest no later than 1 July 2018. To do so, please send your cover letter, indicating motivation and how you match our search criteria, together with your CV to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note all CV and cover letter have to in ENGLISH.