Vacancy for Project Coordinator in Baku, AzerbaijanJobs 06.05.2018
The brief history of the organization
The International Eurasia Press Fund (IEPF) is an independent non-governmental organization established by some group of independent journalists and officially registered in 1992. The Foundation regularly collaborates with such organizations as UNDP, UNHCR, the US State Department, the Survey Action Center (USA), the European Commission, NATO, the International Press Institute, Journalists without Borders, IFEX International Institute of News Safety, the International Peace Bureau, Embassies of several countries situated in Azerbaijan, Ministries, agencies, and also local and international NGO’s operating in the region.
The Fund is the member of the European Council on Refugees and Exile (ECRE), UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), US Department of State PM/WRA Public-Private Partnership Program, International Peace Bureau (IPB), International Press Institute (IPI) and is one of the founders of the Azerbaijan Journalists Confederation, the Azerbaijan Press Council and the Forum of the Azerbaijan Non-Governmental Organizations. IPEF is one of the co-founders of Azerbaijan Press Council and Forum of the Azerbaijan National Non-Governmental Organizations.
The main working directions of the Organization are:
- The Development of Media and Community Society
- Crisis management, Peacekeeping activities, and conflicts solving
- Refugees/IDPs problems
- Community Development
The objectives of the project:
The main objective of the project is to support participation of adolescents and youth in decision-making affecting their lives and development and to coordinate the implementation of AYAP modelling in the three selected districts (Barda, Tartar, and Goranboy) of Azerbaijan.
- In general, the project has identified the following specific objectives:
- To promote greater demand for right to participate in decision making affecting their lives by adolescents and youth in three LoC districts through increasing their knowledge, capacity and skills
- To strengthen enabling environment by supporting the decision makers to get a better understanding of the needs and strengths of adolescents and youth leading to provision of space and fostering their active participation as engaged partners
- To support the provisions of the “Azerbaijan 2020: Look into the Future” Concept of Developement related to youth with the participation of adolescents and young people
- To support the implementation of the State Program "Azerbaijan Youth in 2017-2021"
- To promote UN SDGs and achive these goals among youth and adolescentss.
- To raise adolescents and young people as activists, to create platforms for their overall development and to reveal and develop leadership qualities in young people
- To promote healthy life styles to adolescents and young people, to prevent them from bad habits through educational and sport activities.
- To achieve the integration of disabled people into society. To provide participation of adolescents and young disabled people in the decision- making process.
- Finally, to create new opportunities for the comprehensive development and socialization of young people are living in the frontline regions
Duties and Responsibilities of Project Coordinator.
- Undertake day to day management of the project, including smooth project implementation, efficient use of resources.
- Manage the project budget and ensure appropriate recording and accounting documentation as required by the organization/donors and preparation of required financial reports..
- Facilitate project approval and budget revision processes as per UN policies and procedures
- Prepare work plans, produce timely reports – financial and progress reports – as required by the donor reporting systems.
- Develop project proposal, write monthly, yearly report of the project.
- Supervise and manage projects local coordinator and keep the communication with Local stakeholders, keep the active participation of youth advocacy groups of Terter, Barda, Goranboy regions
- Manage social media accounts of the project, create platform for youth from the target regions.
- Organize creative workshops/flash-mobs and develop training modules, programs and implement other activities in order to enhance capacities of youth in the target regions.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with stakeholders (UN agencies, NGOs, CBOs, government and donors).
- Support the Country Office in mobilization of resources from different partners. This will include the preparation of strategies, Project Briefs and project Documents, organization of regular donor meetings and field visits.
- Visits to target regions, organize meetings with Local Excoms, organize town hall meetings with stakeholders and youth advocacy groups.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Required Skills and Experience
At least Bachelor degree in conflict management, international relations, social sciences, or 3 years of equivalent professional experience in the related field.
- Experience in developing project proposals, project reports, making fundraising and applying local and international funds.
- Fully conversant with security and socio-economic development trends at regional and local levels.
- Experience of working together with UN systems and other funds and CSOs.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the field of project management and/or conflict management
- Significant and progressive management experience, in particular with administration of grants
- Skills in facilitating consultations, workshops, trainings and grass-roots engagements.
- Excellent communication skills,
- Experience in working with youth and adolescence groups (including disabled, vulnerable, IDPs/refugees youth)
Excellent spoken and written Azerbaijani and English and communication skills.
Work graphic: 09:00 - 18:00 / six days a week
Non-working day Sunday
Deadline: 15 May 2018
Telefon: (012) 539-76-97